estimated birth weight!

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
well, i had a little spare time yesterday, so decided to look through my maternity notes to find the measurements from my scan last week!

using the great and powerful internet, i calculated Jasmine's estimate birth weight, which is currently 4.2 lbs!!

all her measurements are bang on average, even the consultant was surprised at how textbook she is size-wise!!

anyway, this is pointless, but im just excited, 4.2lbs seems like a lot!! lol!!

x

I think my estimated weight at 32 weeks was 3lb 10 so sounds about right :) x

I had an estimated weight for Stanley on two sore rate growth scans! They both estimated a final birth weight of over 10lb lol I was a bit worried but he was actually only 7lb4.5 lol xx

I had my scan today at 33+2 and she's 5lb 4oz, they've estimated 8lb 11oz full term

Last edited:
Sophia was estimated at 3lb 1oz at 28+3 and at 36 weeks she was measuring 7lbs - was worried she would be huge but she was 8lb 5oz born 5 days early by elective c section so on target to be around 8lb 10oz at term :)

My Little man is above average he was 3lbs 4oz @ 28weeks and 5lbs 9oz @ 33weeks

cam was estimated 8lb 8oz and was 7lb 6oz so im so sure how accurate they are.

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

My cam was scanned 6 days before he was born and was allegedly 6lb12 at that time. He was then 7lb at birth so fairly accurate for us x

They calculate by babys measurements x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

It's actually been accurate for all my 3 babies, they scanned me when I was 5 days over with Grace, she estimated 8lb and was born 8lb exactly 3 days later. They estimated Ethan was 5lb at 30 weeks and he was born the next day weighing 4lb 14oz. With Sophia they always said she would be between 8lb 7oz - 9lb at term - was 8lb 5oz born 5 days early - so again spot on! My last growth scan with her was at 38 weeks x

Shat measurements do you need to know the weight of the baby? X

On my scan they measured head circumference, femur length, torso, think that was it Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I've got those measurements then what do you do you do with them to get birth weight? Xx

Yeah I've got those measurements then what do you do you do with them to get birth weight? Xx

I googled fetal growth chart calculator, put in the measurements and it gave me the answer, although at my scan the midwife told me what her approx weight is x

Last edited:
I can't seem to find anything?? I'm really curious now as I'm convinced she's going to be huge!!!
My measurements were at 20weeks 5 days:
Hc- 184.7mm
FL- 33.2mm
AC- 161.5mm

Anybody have any idea what I could expect!? I haven't got a bpd measurement that alot of the Internet predictors ask for? Xx

I havent had any scans since twenty weeks, but midwife predicted a birth weight of 7lbs7oz for Sausage - all judged on size of bump/baby. So doubtful it will be accurate, but sounds nice :)

i cant find any weight predictor either babybo! they ask for bpd which i have'nt got.
anyway had my anomaly scan at 21+1 weeks pregnant and heres my babys measurements:

hc- 184.4 mm
fl- 36.3mm
ac- 159.5mm

I had regular growth scans so and was told the est weight at each one xx

The scans aren't that accurate. I had a scan the day K was born and the estimated weight wad 7lbs 2oz. She weighed 6lbs8oz. The doctor estimated 8.5 lbs before the scan...way off lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back