Erm, am I hearing things??

Hazel

Reaction score
I took Connie round inlaws yesterday and FIL reckons she said dada, I didn't hear it as I was next to their incredibly loud tv. Had her on my lap today and she definitely said dada as DH was putting her jumper on. There is no way she could possibly know what this means but DH has been saying it a lot to her over the weeks. She's also started mimicking raspberry noises as this is one of our games when she sits on our lap we blow raspberries at her. Looks like we might have to start watching our bad language :oops: .

Lol, how cute :D
My LO also learnt to blow raspberries around this time and started copying noises, we swear she said 'ello illy' to our cat Lily at 4 months :rotfl:

I'm going to have to censor the tv programmes now also :doh: , I'll have to tell DH no more violent computer games when she's in the room.

At this age its pure chance as to what sounds she makes. My LO has said Mumumumum and Er er er about a gazillion times. And about another 50 possible words. None of them are actual words yet though, too early, just him finding sounds he likes and repeating them for a while.

Cute though when they do say things that sound like words to us :)

Does she watch the screen when he plays the games? If so maybe do some reading about all that stuff. To do with how their eyes work and take in such quick changing images (they don't and its not nice for them). If you look at how young childrens programmes are filmed they have far less changes of shot and so on and no fancy camera swerving and so on. Little eyes cannot cope with that sort of thing well. Hence advise is to not let them watch lots of TV when small, espeically adult or older kids tv etc. Same applies with computer games. I was really surprised at all the stuff when I found out about it. Made sense though.

I'll let DH think she said dada as it makes him happy and I don't want to spoil it for him :lol: .

The tv is permanently on channel sky 623 now for the baby channel. It's very relaxing, I get mesmorised by it :lol: . I' don't like him playing the computer games when she's awake and in the room but men being men eh :roll: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back