Am I being over protective?

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hi all,

Argh where do i start...well i am really worried because on monday i have to leave amber with my OH's nan/grandad they are not old old but not as mobile and at first i said no way to OH but then after he had a go at me because he thought i was saying they were completely incapable he said his dad will go round aswell....

ok i feel slightly better about his dad going round but all in all dont want to leave her with them at all......i cant really get out of this meeting we both have to go to and its really important i am there....i am worried because i know what she wants and likes and when she wants some food and when she wants to lie on the floor and have a play but every time we go to his nans she HAS to have her on her lap so she can have a cuddle but it lasts for hours!!
Am I being stupid or over protective?

I never worry like this when my mum has her but as she has got older i have got more funny about leaving her at all with anyone..! And when i have to return to work in a month or so i have no idea how i am going to be able to leave her.

Help!!!

Oh hun, Clark is exactly the same, all he wants to do is lie on the floor and kick and coo at everyone, but all our older rellies just want to cuddle and smother him a ll the time and then they say stupid things like "ooh hasn't he got a temper" and I feel like screaming at them that no he doesn't have a temper, he is usually an angel but your pissing him off by suffocating him!! :roll:
As for leaving her with your oh's nan and grandad, you may have to just brave it as long as there is no obvious danger to her being there. My oh's mom has 2 huge dogs and smokes all the time so we are forever arguing about me not letting Clark stay there! It doesn't make for a happy time I can tell you! :doh:

Hope everything went well amzhunny :hug:
I've not 'left' Isaac with anyone yet so do understand it must be uncomfortable to do if you don't feel happy about it especially :hug:

Hi

Hope it went ok yesterday, I know exactly how you feel. I'm happy to let my mum and dad look after my son but they live far away so are not available very often. My OH's parents and very near and are desperate to look after him, but they are the same with the constant holding and jiggling and poking........! They constantly pestered me to let them babysit and i kept making excuses, but then when my oh's sister babysat and the parents found out, they had a go at his sister for agreeing to do it!!! :wall:
Anyway, i made my OH speak to them and tell them that we were the parents and we would make the decisions about who would look after our child and to generally butt out! It's been much better since then (although i imagine that they slag me off to the rest of the family!).
Hope yesterday went well and that the experience has reassured you that they are ok looking after your lo and that you feel more confident about returning to work. I'm not looking forward to doing this and am even considering night shifts so that my oh will be looking after our son (who will be asleep and not even know that his mummy has left him!!! :rotfl:

Amber and I survived...!!

Luckily things didnt take as long as expected....phew!

She was ok, apparantly she was an angel and didnt cry or anything which to be honest i dont believe because i know what she is like especially when she gets tired but they are probably trying to make me feel better ha.

Was glad to get back though but even then i had trouble grabbing a hold lol tut

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back