Encouragement needed! How long did your sickness last??!!

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi lovely tri2 ladies :) I'm now over 11 weeks and have had debilitating sickness for about 6 weeks now and I'm totally, well, sick of it! I just wondered when those of you who experienced sickness found their symptoms started to ease - need some hope to hang on to that I will feel normal again!

Heya Hun,

I was more nauseous all the time rather than being phyisically sick but when I reach 14 weeks it started to ease massively and by 16 weeks it was gone (I have had the odd day here and there).

Hope your sickness eases soon, tri 2 is definately easier so just keep going xx

I would have thought my ms would have gone completely by now never lasted this long in previous pregnancies ( as far as I can remember anyway) feel really queasy now and again not been sick at all lately just feel yuk for a while, hope it's going soon though. xx

Last edited:
My nausea has stayed the same really :( although I'm still being sick most mornings its definitely not as much as before but now when I have the urge to be sick there's no stopping it whereas before I could have held it in xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Mine stopped 13-14 weeks with a few sicky days but completely disappeared by 14 an a half weeks! Xx

Mine stopped around 11-12 weeks, hope you don't have it for too much longer. x

I had really bad sickness up until 15 weeks I think, then just once or twice a week I had bad days up until about 19 weeks. Still get hit with the nausea on most days, which is seriously getting tiresome but nowhere as bad as I was in tri 1.

Have u thought of going to ur docs to see if they will prescribe any anti sickness tablets? They were the only way I got through weeks 6 to 14! still felt extremely rough everyday but I was at least able to eat!

Hope it ease off or u soon :hugs: xxx

Last edited:
I had mine bad til about 12-13 weeks

I had really bad morning sickness for weeks and weeks. I cant remember when it actually eased off though. I had to have a cyclizine injection and had alot of time off uni too, as well as tonsillitis!!

The best thing I can recommend is to make sure you keep eating! As soon as I started to be able to get anything to stay down, I tried to build on it from there.

Tbh, the anti sickness meds they give you dont make you feel any less nauseous or sick, it just makes it a little less frequent the number of times you are actually sick. I am still sick most mornings to be honest and throw up as soon as I feel anxious or anything like that. I have odd days where I am sick alot and some when Im not. Everybody is different and I wouldnt get your hopes up to much by what the other ladies have said as to when it stopped for them. I can tell you that it will ease off at some point, and it will seem like such a struggle until then, but when it does it will seem like ages ago that you were suffering. I can honestly say MS was one of the most depressing times of my life, having panic attacks when I was sick, but now it seems like agesss ago and I can finally try enjoy myself!

I dont mean to try and depress you or anything, but I know that whenever I got my hopes up that it was getting better when in fact it wasn't it just made me feel 100 times worse.

I know Jayjay had bad MS too, she was very helpful when I was suffering! I'm sure she'll pop on at some point and offer you advice xx

Ah I feel so sorry for you :( I nearly posted something exactly the same as this whilst I was in Tri 1, I constantly googled "When does pregnancy sickness stop" just so that I could cling on to some hope that it might end soon! I'm sorry to say that my sickness only started to ease at about 13 and a half weeks but now is totally bearable and I just get the odd day of feeling slightly sick, nothing like before. I know that nothing I say will make you feel better, I felt like I just couldn't cope any longer but I promise you will get through it, just try and take one day at a time. If I thought too far ahead it got me down. I also had to take anti-sickness tablets which I felt bad about but they made it just so that I could get out of bed in the morning. Really hoping that your sickness starts to ease really soon, lots of love xxx

Last edited:
I've still got mine :( Threw up this morning actually. I dont generally feel AS bad as I was few weeks back though... Good sign I hope!

Hi, I was boaking every morning untill about 22weeks, which lead to me bringing up acid, wasn't nice... That went at about 22weeks. If I felt sick at night I usually was really sick because I'd eaten, and that went about 22weeks. Although I was sick a few time at 24 and 25 weeks. I just found the only thing that helped was rather than try and stop myself feeling sick was better to go to toilet and see if I was going to be sick and just let it happen. I never made myself sick. Usually always felt better instantly afterwards.

Aw dear. I really feel for u hun.

My sickness was at its absolute worst from 7wks til 14wks. It was horrendous.
After 14wks it eased off to only a couple of times a week, then at around 16wks it was just once a week til 22wks, and I haven't been sick since - touch wood!

I know its easier said than done, but try keeping ur fluids up. None of the traditional remedies worked for me, like crackers, ginger, wrist bands etc, but once I was put on an IV drip in the hospital, I noticed a difference, and since then, made sure to drink enough water, even if I couldn't eat a bite.

One thing I would suggest, if u can make a fruit smoothie and sip that, its thick enough so it goes down easier and ur still getting plenty of goodness from the fruit. Once I was hydrated, that's one of the only things I could keep down for a while.

Hope it eases off for u soon hun xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My sick was wasn't that bad very sporadic and mostly during the night. At 15 weeks I had a week of terrible
Sickness the from
16 I've been ok. Every time I cough or sneeze I still think I'm gonna puke but for the most time I feel quite good.

Hope you feel enter soon chick x

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences :) I guess everyone is different but I'm hoping that it will ease for me soon at least. Can't believe some of you are still suffering well in to the second trimester! :shock:

I'm not throwing up as much as some people anad managing to eat bits and pieces, though it's very challenging. I just feel like I want to throw up a lot of the time, so not sure anti sickness meds would be much use to me anyway.... Also, I think my sickness is being made worse because I suffer from anxiety and the anxiety is probably worsening the sickness which is just compounding the problem unfortunately...

Oh well, just taking one day at a time and at least I've got my 12 week scan next Wed to keep me going :)

Thanks ladies :) xxx

:hugs: ceebee so sorry you are feeling ill still, have you tried acupuncture at all? anxiety makes me feel sick or often throw up so i know how that is!

poor you darling you have had it rough havnt you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back