Emmas diary pack shocked

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
I'm shocked, I went to pick up my first pack today,so really I should have picked this up in tri 1 and inside is raspberry leaf tea which states it shouldn't be drunk in the early stages of pg!!!
Now I might be over reacting but should they really have this in for tri one and two people!!! Xx

raspberry leaf tea is actually quite safe to drink, just another outdated piece of advice based on very little that suggests it cant be drunk.

I drank shedloads of it and it did nothing for me!

But it says on the back of the box not to drink it in early pg x x

I thought it just strengthed your uterus muscles and was supposed to help with labour not induce it ?
I suppose if they include it in the pack and give a warning about it its basically the responsibility of the person who is given the pack to read the warning ? seems a bit strange to put it in a pack and advice against it though .

I don't know much about this at all, but just got this from babycentre.

Which teas are not safe?

Many of the herbs used for teas, when taken in large or medicinal amounts, can potentially stimulate the uterus and induce miscarriage. These include anise, catnip, chamomile, comfrey, ephedra (called ma huang in traditional Chinese medicine), European mistletoe, hibiscus, horehound, Labrador, lemongrass, licorice root, mugwort, pennyroyal, raspberry leaf, rosemary, sage, sassafras, stinging nettle leaf, vetiver, and yarrow.

Although some midwives use raspberry leaf (also known as red raspberry leaf) to aid delivery, its effectiveness hasn't been proven. In any case, it should be used only near term and under the supervision of a healthcare professional. Avoid the rest of the herbs in this list during pregnancy and lactation.

Note: You can still eat food that contains herbs like rosemary and sage, because the amounts used in food are generally much smaller than those used in tea — and not as potent (the brewing process for making tea concentrates the chemicals of the herbs).

Among other reasons to avoid certain herbs used in teas:
  • Coca (also known as mate de coca) contains small amounts of cocaine.
  • Comfrey, kava root, skullcap, valerian, and woodruff may damage your liver
  • Lobelia contains nicotine.
  • Mate (or yerba mate) can contain as much caffeine as coffee.
None of these herbs should be taken while you're pregnant or nursing.

Last edited:
Thanks for that olive, I so hope everyone reads the back of the box at least so they are making an informed decision!
Tbh I would never have known about it if it wasn't for this forum x x

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure one cup wouldn't do you any harm, as for those packs I never got that in them last year :S

I got a little packet in mine with flavoured teas, but i didnt open it cos i dont really do tea.

Im sure one cup would be ok - but it is a wee bit irresponsible - someone might decided they like it and assume its ok cos its in a pregnancy back.

I'd be tempted to contact them and point out that you dont think this was very safe.
xxx

I might just do that, it wasn't a little pack it was a full box!!!! xx

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better safe than sorry. I didnt have it until late pregnancy but never thought it was any harm . I hope they take it out of the pack .

Which pack was it - ive only got as far as getting the first one. - think it was maybe 2 teabags that was in the wee packet in mine.

to be honest I don;t see them putting a full box in it might have been a small box of about 10 bags x the emmas dairy packs last year had the same leaflets and information in each one, made me laugh only thing that was different was freebies I think I got a nappy and a small box of cream x nothing special x

I had no idea about the Emma's diary packs so I wenta googling, thanks ladies :)

Just got my pack but no tea :( - maybe it's old stock as I got the same as miss crazicooki said - a little nappy, some cream, fruit flakes and nursing pads... Lots of leaflets that have gone straight in my recycling bin! Seemed a big bag with not much in it - still a freebie's a freebie!!

Hi nic , hope I got a one off or maybe they gave me the one you should get after 27 weeks?
It was a box of ten but still dodgy in my opinion x x

you have to print the vouchers off yourself so be aware of that ladies :)

Didn't know about these packs either....... jus printing my vouchers :) xx

So I went and picked this up and I'm disappointed :(, is it only one pack you get??

I know it sounds weird but from previous posts i just expected ...........more

There is a second pack at 27 weeks my vouchers were in my bounty pack. Nope it's not great x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back