Embarrasing question.................

Laur_250

Reaction score
Hi mums Im hoping for some advice!

Since being pregnant me and OH had some real scares at the beginning with some slight bleeding around 6 weeks and the fact I'd MC before.

We were TTC for 8 months so didnt want anything to go wrong!

The first time we were brave enough to risk intercourse in tri 1 after the slight bleeding had stopped, there was a spot of blood which sent me into serious panic mode. Needless to say we've since made it to 25 weeks so all was ok it must of been the increase in blood I have.

We dont really do it now as I think OH is just as scared of hurting me or more importantly baby. Now whenever (rarely!) we have sex I end up feeling this overwhelming guilt that the baby is dead and its my fault, i feel so depressed until i feel him kick again and even them i wonder if he's ok.

Im just hoping to hear from you who continued intercourse through your pregnancies and went on to have healthy babies without losing them so I can get a grip on reality again. Thanks for listening. :oops: xx

I had bleeding in the early days and stopped having sex for the same reasons. We only started up again towards the end to try and bring on labour.

I don't have any advice for you but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in what you are thinking. Try to relax and enjoy the intimacy with your OH. It is ok to have sex during pregnancy as long as it isn't painful, vigorous or making you bleed. As long as you both are happy then carry on. xxx

midna said:
Aye get a grip hun that baby is sooo very secure in there and when you lose just your plug you will understand how ...I had sex from start to finish ...and most days :D :D

Sex wont cause harm to your baby just be sensible about it and no stupid positions for your sake more than anything and obviously I would try to avoid REALLY rough sex but norm sex ..get bangin away girl enjoy it whilst you still have the time ..when that LO is here it will be on schedule :roll: ... :lol:

He he good answer! I know its silly but beacuse of the blood in my brain I now associate sex with danger to the baby which I just need to get out of my head :wall:

But its very good to hear you were ok thats what makes me realise its silly and it doesnt cause miscarriage! :hug:

Ps. We were arent gonna try any crazy positions dont worry its just the odd normal times i worry about. And thanks also NIE thats exactly like me, but we will deffinately be doing it at the end too as then I will want him out!!xx

We did it all the way through up until 39 weeks, its since he was born I dont have it as much, Im far too tired for that nonsense! :sleep: :lol:

Tangerinedream said:
We did it all the way through up until 39 weeks, its since he was born I dont have it as much, Im far too tired for that nonsense! :sleep: :lol:

:rotfl: I can imagine! Thanks people Im starting to realise its all in my head now! Just need to convince OH its safe but once I explain its probably now or never he may give in!! :rotfl: xx

Yep we carried on as normal throughout the pregnancy although toward the end it got quite uncomfortable due to my size and my SPD.

Like someone has said get all you can in now before baby is born cus you will be fighting for time when baby is here to get jiggy :lol:

We have carried on as normal all the way through so far with no problems and our little girl is doing well! I can totally understand why you are both so worried though with the earlier bleeding I would probably feel the same and I think the advise is to avoid sex in first tri if you have had bleeding but now it should be perfectly safe, I read babies will either be really quiet after or really active your baby is obviously soothed off to sleep by all the movement hope you can both get over your fears and enjoy your sex life again before baby comes along and wrecks it! :rotfl:

I was sooo mad for it with the last pregnancy! LO was very healthy when he popped out despite having to put up with his parents copulations!!!

I had to be admitted at 39 weeks as I had a bleed post coitally(sp?) there was a hospital wing full of us in for the same thing :oops: and the midwives treated us like naughty girls!!! :oops:

Im sure its quite nerve wracking to do the deed after you have had a bleed so take it slow and gental and you will be ok Im sure.

Thanks everyone it sounds fine after all I just hate the moment when he goes quiet after but like you say he's probably just asleep!xx

i had sex right up until 39 weeks (i practically begged for it all thru the last week but my boyf refused coz i went about it the wrong way- askin him to "help me get this baby out!" lol) and my babys fine but actually i must admit like u i was a little nervous sometimes during sex and i'd often try not to be rough and try and stop my boyf from being rough for that reason! i'd forgotten about that! it can rock baby to sleep i spose coz of the movement. and if u get ur rocks off the baby gets all the same feel-good hormones thru the placenta so will probably fall asleep too (especially if its a boy- typical bloke! lol) :hug:

I bleed a few times through my pregnancy and was quite scared to have sex in the first trimester but i spoke to my doctor and midwife about it and they said it was fine to carry on as normal as LO is well protected :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back