Breast Pumps

mamichuli

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I wanted to ask your advice on buying a breast pump. The variety of pumps available is a bit daunting - should i go for manual or battery operated? I seem to think that I have read somewhere in here that the Avent Isis manual pump is good if fiddly to put together...
I have also seen one which is battery operated manufactured by Nuk - does anyone know if it is any good?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

I have the Avent manual pump and I find it a bit difficult to attach (maybe my boobs are a strange shape or something LOL). It comes off easily. I also find the pump action can be quite painful at times. In the first few weeks it made my nipples very sore. Anyway, that's just my experience. I'll be selling mine on Ebay shortly as I have now bought an electric pump to give that a try.

Sabrina
:hug:

I have the medela swing, can really recommend it. I had the medela mini with DD and whilst it was good, it was quite brutal. The swing is loads better and well worth the dosh imo :)

I've got the Avent manual pump and I don't know if it's just because I have so much milk, but it's worked fantastically for me. At points it starts a little uncomfortable but once you get going it's fine - bit like breast feeding really :) We were thinking about getting an electric one as expressing is really working for us, but at the moment I'm happy with the one I've got :)

It is a little fiddly to put together but I'm shocking at things like that and I managed it ok :)

michelle x

ive got both the avent manual, and electric,

i found the manual pumps suction very good. be carefull not to pump the whole way, otherwise you will end up screaming no doubt lol.
i found it works well. and you get used to putting it together. it isnt so bad.

The electric is also good. i brought it yesterday, as i was getting fed up with pumping. i dont think the suction is quite as strong with the electric. but it dont have make life easier.

hope that helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back