Breast Pumps - manual or electric?

EssJayPea

Reaction score
I'm fully intending on breast feeding when LO is here but also want to express so OH can have time feeding and general convenience.

For those who do express, which is better: electric or manual pumps? xxx

Definitely electric, mine is tommy tipped and was half price in adds, still £50 but worth every penny!

I had an avent manual and it was SHIT! I got a medela swing yesterday and it is amazing!! Definitely get an electric pump, manual pumps are a waste of money xxx

Excellent. Problem solved. Thanks everyone :) xx

Medala swing is the schnitz. I dunno whether to sell mine (coz I had no choice but to swap to formula due to medication) or store it in case I go for baby #2.

Electric, if u can, get a medela and if u decide to express a lot invest in a double breasted pump... saved me resorting to formula x

As someone who expresses a lot :s I have two breast pumps lol

Sometimes I find a manual pump to be better for me than electric pump other times I find the electric pump better. Some people don't get on with electric pumps so I would highly reccomend hiring one for a month before forking out so much on one.

Manuel as it was the only one i could get milk off with i use MAM expensive but worth it...depends on yourself really try both and see which one works better for you x x x

Manual here - 8oz in 10 mins. Used manual with my daughter too as electric just did nothing

I have an avent electric one. It does the job

Might give manual a whirl if electric doesn't work as manuals aren't that expensive. Didn't realise you can hire electric ones either! Thanks again xx

some hospitals have some u can borrow

I have a manual and it's put me off expressing entirely. I'm going to sell it and buy an electric one, it's on my to do list.

Defo electric!!! I have the medela swing and it's really good, I also had the TT electric first and it was good also!

Spoke to oh and he asked if it would be like when they milk cows. Told him not to be so silly but now I'm actually wondering..... xx

its actually really interesting to watch the milk squirt out into the bottle and see it fill up. it is a bit like milking a cow lol but its such a relief if your engorged and away from baby or need to leave them with someone. ive got a little stockpile in my freezer just incase my supply dries up cos i combi feed

its actually really interesting to watch the milk squirt out into the bottle and see it fill up. it is a bit like milking a cow lol but its such a relief if your engorged and away from baby or need to leave them with someone. ive got a little stockpile in my freezer just incase my supply dries up cos i combi feed

Ah, cool, you've inspired me! Really hope I can manage BFing! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back