ectopic pregnancy worries

rosey

Reaction score
Hello all,
it seems i am having a worry day today. I found out i was pregnant last saturday (16th) and since finding out i have been spotting and bleeding everyday. I went to the hospital and they did 3 blood tests over 5 days which resulted in 546, 1159, 2446 hcg levels. I am around 5 weeks and 3 days and i will be going for an internal scan on tuesday to make sure the baby is in the correct place. I am very scared that this is is an ectopic pregnancy due to the bleeding/ spotting. I have been getting mild cramps but i think that this is normal? however today i got a stitch in my right side which hurt when i was breathing, lasting for a few mins on and off.
Can anyone shed light on my situation? does it sound ectopic to anyone?
thanks very much for any response.

Iv read somewhere pain on the right side is normal, I think the problem is that ectopic symptoms are prety similar to all the normal symptoms but they say you will know as you will colapse with the pain if it is not discovered, Think the spotting can be normal too and doesnt mean anything bad will happen

FX for you to get good news at your scann, I have pcos so have slightly higher chance of it but try to put it out of my head unill i am told other wise, but we all have worry days huni hopefully you will wake up positive again tmrw :)

Im sorry i cant help as i dont know much about it but didnt want to read and run, fingers crossed for you and big hugs x

yeah i hope so, i am scared that they will find other stuff wrong with me as i have never had a smear or anything like that and i am 27. Can you have a smear done when you are pregnant or not?

im not sure hon....about the smear....

good luck for your scan....fingers crossed it will all be fine. the pains on the right are very normal by the way xx

i dont think they will do a smear whilst you are pregnant. The main thing is you have the scan. I had one at 5 weeks for suspected ectopic and they saw the sac and said that it all seemed in the correct place. Best of luck.

I might be wrong but I think your HCG levels plateau in the case of an ectopic and yours have doubled nicely.

Lots of girls have first Tri bleeding and go on to have healthy babies too.

You can usually have a smear when PG, but it may be different when you have bleeding?

Try not to worry and hopefully everything will be fine! :)

I have a smear appointment on the 18th August, I'll ask when I'm next at the docs about that and let you know what they say.

xx

When I had my ectopic last year my hormones went up but they didn't double, if I remember correctly when I got my 1st bloods done the level was about 500 and I was 6 weeks pregnant at the time x

Thank you so much, you are all so great on here am glad i found the forum :)
i will let you all know how i get on, fingers crossed :)

hey didn't want to read and run just thought I would say try not to worry too much and whatever you do don't google anything lol it will give you so much mixed info its awful, this place is the best for making you feel better.
I hope eveything is ok :) make sure you keep us posted hun xxx

Hi! i wouldn't worry too much pain is normal. My sister had an ectopic last month and believe it or not shooting pains in your sholders (right i believe) is a main symptom. (strange i know) So unless you have this i wouldn't worry.
If you call your docs up they will ask you some questions and if they believe there to be significant worry they will tell you to go A&E. so you can do that if were really worried.

I was told by midwife not to have smear if pregnant - I asked because mine was due. She said to wait until after delivery.

Hope everything is all fine for you hun X

Hi rosey,
Try not to worry, I had spotting and cramps in the first few weeks, I even got taken in for a scan as I had miscarried previously. Everything was fine, baby is now doing great and I'm 18 weeks pregnant now. I know its hard but try not to worry too much, if it gets alot worse though Id phone the doc. Fingers crossed everything is fine with your scan,
Best of luck :) x
Lib

i had my internal scan and its not ectopic, however it was too early to see the embryo and i have to go back in two weeks. i am still having spotting/ bleeding at times though :(

At least u can put ur mind at ease about baby bein in the right place :D I had a scan at 8w and it's amazing, u can really see baby, good luck for ur scan and just try to relax xx

i really hope i can see the little pip when i go back, not looking forward to another internal but hopefully it will be the last one!

Really pleased that it's not ectopic , and it will be lovely to see your baby in the scan soon, try not to worry yourself too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back