Low pelvic pains anyone?

scarlett1965

Reaction score
hi
I am 42 yrs old and and 5+4 days pregnant. Over the past few days I have been having pains very low down in my pelvic area. Sometimes its twinges on both sides, other times its a dull heavy pressure in the middle. I am constantly weeing and have to get up 2/3 times in the night! I am booked in to have an early scan next week because of m/c's and previous ectopic. Can any of you tell me if this is normal and if any of you have experienced this in such early pregnancy. I would like to add that I have had no bleeding or spotting,
Thanks
Scarlett

Forgot to add that I am always constipated - 4 days since I went last. sorry if TMI. X

Congratulations! I do have similar symptoms to you and I have been told that is normal unless there is very severe cramping/bleeding. I hope all will be well. :)

this is completly normal, its actually more common in early pregnancy, im not even 4 weeks yet and i have had the same pain across my pelvis, the constipation could also be adding to the pain.

Sounds like normal symptoms of pregnancy to me :) Congrats :)

I had lots of twinges in the early days also. Its everything stretching to make room for baby.

The needing to wee is normal also. There is a lot of pressure on your bladder as its being squished by everything else atm. Getting up in the night to wee is normal also. I was averaging 5 times a night weeing. Got very bored of that I can tell you. It does get better, but I still need to wee at least twice a night, even now.

And yes, consitpation is another joy of first tri :roll: Everything is being squished up down there, so your bowel movements slow right down. Its important to eat your fibre and failing that, go ask your GP to prescribe you some Lactulose or ask them what other laxative you can take safely. Not all are good to take during pregnancy, so make sure you find out which are good.

If you've no bleeding or spotting and no severe cramps and pains that stick around, relax and don't worry too much. Sounds to me like things are going as they should and you are experiencing all the joys of early pregnancy :)

:hug:

Good luck :)

he he need to get yourself senakot fibre drink its safe to take and helps bowel movements. i've been suffering really badly with constipation and its the only thing that helps. keep reminding yourself that its the progesterone thats making you constipated and its also progesterone thats helping the womb build the placenta, so its all in a good cause...pains are scary but everyone says they're normal.

I am glad you wrote your comment as even though i am pregnant with my second child I have exactly the same syptoms. Although I knew this would happen I couldn't remember them this early on, I am 4+2 btw.

I feel much happier now reading everyone's comments, thanks everyone :D

by the way is there a glossary for all the short hand on here as i seem to be having to make some of them up and get a little confused?

Congratulations scarlett1965 :hug: :cheer: :hug:
On the constipation front, you can take Linseed, tiny little seeds, soak 3 tablespoons in water overnight, and eat the next day, with or withour food, it helps your bowel movements become more oily, easier to pass :D :hug:

Congrats, this is quite normal i find for me its worst first thing in the morning more of a discomfort then a pain, hot water bottle really helps obviously not too hot but it soothees it!

x

It sounds very normal to me too and I remember it well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back