Ectopic experiences?

I am so so sorry, but I am also glad that you do not need surgery or medication. Your body should sort itself out naturally, quite quickly. You will have to let me know what tests they do, we are on the waiting list for tests. Sending you great big massive hugs xx

Just genetic ones from blood tests i think. I cant believe how quick it happened, if i hadnt been referred to epau i would've had to wait. Sorry i feel like i pushed in line xxx

And i'm shocked theyre referring me because my 2nd was a chemical and i didnt think they'd count that xxx

I was surprised they counted my ectopic, as its not the same thing as miscarriage really.. i just count my blessings that my local hospital has been awesome.

I'm sorry about your mc, but glad you have not had to have either of the treatments.

After my tests which were normal, they monitored my 4th pg from really early on. At the first scan at 6 weeks, things weren't progressing right, so they put me on the blood thinners and progesterone then. I got 2 weeks of normal development after that, but i think it was too late as ultimately the baby died at 8 weeks.

This last time i started the progesterone from ovulation, they wanted me to do the blood thinners from ov too but i negotiated to with bfp, on the basis that i tested from 9dpo. (i'm a wussy who hates injections!). I had all the meds at home and let them know when i got my bfp, had first scan at 7 weeks. They would have scanned earlier, but i had no bleeding this time and wanted to try and wait until i knew it would be conclusive.

I hope your tests go well, feel free to pm me if you want. The rmc investigations can be upsetting ( i hated going into the dept with all the pg ladies).

Last edited:
Yeah but an ectopic is still definitely a loss! whereas with my chemical i didnt even go to the doctors it happened quite quickly so theyre just taking my word for it.

Did they just give you the blood tests? Or are there more they do?

Aww i'm sorry about your 4th :( wow that sounds really good how they helped you from
Ov!! I hope mine are as good! Which meds do u need injections for? Can u inject yourself at home? Im so fed up of hospital visits!

Just waiting on the call to see if my hcg have dropped xxx

I had a LOT of blood taken, and had 2 scans done on day 5 and day 10 of my cycle. DH had chromosome bloods. It was a nice start to the follow up appointment to be told that you are def a man and a woman lol!

I'm on fragmin which is low molecular weight heparin, and aspirin. The aspirin you buy over the counter (75mg), and the heparin i do an injection once a day in my tummy. Its not fun as it stings and bruises - at times badly. It means every little ding and knock i bruise really badly too. All totally worth it though :).

I hope your phone call brings good news.

Hey hun. Don't feel sorry, there isn't a line to jump. I am just glad they are doing it for you right away. I have had 2 mc and in April they said a 3/4 month wait. My only concern is that between staying overnight in hospital when losing the baby to 10 days later when having my check up scan - my notes had gone missing. There were two hospital sites fighting over my notes because of another health issue in another dept. I am really hoping that the referral for recurrent miscarriage investigations is where it should be !!! I didn't think that a chemical would count, I have not even told my doctor about last months faint positive testing??!!
xxx

I had a LOT of blood taken, and had 2 scans done on day 5 and day 10 of my cycle. DH had chromosome bloods. It was a nice start to the follow up appointment to be told that you are def a man and a woman lol!

I'm on fragmin which is low molecular weight heparin, and aspirin. The aspirin you buy over the counter (75mg), and the heparin i do an injection once a day in my tummy. Its not fun as it stings and bruises - at times badly. It means every little ding and knock i bruise really badly too. All totally worth it though :).

I hope your phone call brings good news.

Definitely worth it! I really hope whatevers wrong can be sorted out for me!

Hmmm i better have a big breakfast on monday then! Good to know you're the gender you've always suspected ;)

My blood count came back ok btw :) xxx

Hey hun. Don't feel sorry, there isn't a line to jump. I am just glad they are doing it for you right away. I have had 2 mc and in April they said a 3/4 month wait. My only concern is that between staying overnight in hospital when losing the baby to 10 days later when having my check up scan - my notes had gone missing. There were two hospital sites fighting over my notes because of another health issue in another dept. I am really hoping that the referral for recurrent miscarriage investigations is where it should be !!! I didn't think that a chemical would count, I have not even told my doctor about last months faint positive testing??!!
xxx

I know but i feel bad :( could u call them and check the progress? They should give u a date surely? Even if its a while away!

I didnt think it would either, i have heard other ladies have been told that about a chemical but i told them it was a chemical (had to explainc because they hadnt heard of it :s) but they just considered it a really early mc i think i was 4+6. Thats why i cant believe how good theyre being! People just usually brush over chemicals for some reason, i know theyre quite common but still. Xxx

It must be reassuring that they are really listening to you and appear to be taking really good care of you. I hate seeing you in the miscarriage and loss thread, but you seem in relatively good spirits given everything you have been through in the last week or so. Any more thoughts on counselling or are you focusing on the pysical recovery and tests first. I did that in April and when I felt physically strong, I found that my mind had followed and I did not need to pursue counselling. Some of the dedicated online sites such as the miscarriage association, brought me comfort as did reading Baby Dust a novel by Deanna Roy.
Take care I am here for you, personally message me if you want to talk some more xxx

Last edited:
That novel sounds interesting! I might have a look at that. I don't think i need counselling this time, i could have done with it the first time but after that this seems easier. I feel so awful saying it. I am gutted but i was expecting it when i started to bleed so it's not so much of a shock which i think can make things harder. I sound so insensitive :/ i was panicking about losing a fallopian tube so i am relieved that it wasn't that serious.

My hcg have dropped to 400 so it looks like my body is good at miscarrying even if its not good at pregnancy.

Seriously thank you ladies for your support, it really has helped me :) xxx

It is not insensitive. I was in much more of a state the first time, the shock really hit me hard and I looked to blame myself a lot - What did I eat, what did I do, did I work too much, was there too much stress?? etc. The second time, when the bleeding started, I knew what was probably ahead, but retained hope. I did feel bad for dealing with it so much better. It didn't mean I didn't care as much care, the sadness was as deep and lasting, it was just that I was more informed and my coping strategies were better and more forward looking. As you say, there is relief for you laced amongst the terrible sadness and disappointment, because of the complications ectopic can bring.

I got the novel as a kindle download , read the first chapter and really related to it, started to read some more but it was not the right time to continue. I picked it up a few weeks later and read it in a few days. So glad I finished it - it is not really a book to leave in the middle.

Keep strong, be kind to yourself and we will speak soon xxx

:) you're so good at explaining! Thats what
Its like! I'll pm you my email address as i dont think i'll be on here much for a while unless its to offer advice in this section.

Good luck with ttc and i hope your tests hurry! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back