Ectopic but pregnant?!

longingforabump

Reaction score
I had an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured (as it was misdiagnosed) and I had to have a laporoscopy (sp) to have the baby and tube removed. That was 11th Sept 10. I had blood tests and urine tests a week after to check the hormone was ok and everything had returned back to normal.

I had sex and the condom broke but I took the morning after pill

This last week ive been feeling my pregnant symptoms again and just done a test and its positive.......

so my question is... is this possible Im pregnant again, if so how?! or is this just my hormones playing havvock with me!? Doctors will be called first thing!

I'd defo go doctors hun and get them to check it out :) Hope your ok x

Go to the doc's hun and get your bloods done x

Thank you both

I really feel like its a new pregnancy. My hormones returned to normal and I had a negative test 2 weeks ago too. The sex was on 26/09/10.

Ohh that does sound promising then if your HCG levels returned to normal and you were testing neg a couple of weeks ago, think you should still go to the doc and get your bloods done to confirm this and maybe put you in contact with EPU due to your history hun x Good Luck x

I was given a letter from epu to say I have to go for an early scan next pregnancy.
I was told my other tube is healthy but ive got it stuck in my head it'll be another ectopic :-( and if it is I wont be able to have kids :-(

Ive got an appointment this aft at 3

Ohh that does sound promising then if your HCG levels returned to normal and you were testing neg a couple of weeks ago, think you should still go to the doc and get your bloods done to confirm this and maybe put you in contact with EPU due to your history hun x Good Luck x

Last edited:
Please don't panic yet hun and just find out from the scan today where the sac is sitting, that is great though that you have managed to get it so soon, last week they wouldn't even entertain me :eek:(

Will have my fingers crossed for you and please let me know how you get on x

Ive just started bleeding :( and in pain :( light browny red blood. Docs shortly so hopefull ill get sent for a scan asap! The docs tried to make me wait til next week but I said it had an ectopic 4 weeks ago and wasnt taking no for an answer!lol!

Please don't panic yet hun and just find out from the scan today where the sac is sitting, that is great though that you have managed to get it so soon, last week they wouldn't even entertain me :eek:(

Will have my fingers crossed for you and please let me know how you get on x

Awww hun, might be a bit of implantation bleeding? Just get yourself off to the doc then hopefully EPU and maybe some bloods etc x

Thanks. Im waiting at the docs now bloody terrified. I didnt cope with the ectopic very well :-(

Awww hun, might be a bit of implantation bleeding? Just get yourself off to the doc then hopefully EPU and maybe some bloods etc x

Got my fingers crossed for you and let me know how you get on x

I'm sorry about your ectopic :(

I just wanted to let you know that i have a friend who found out at her 12 weeks scan that the baby was ectopic and she had an ovary and tube removed.

She had barely recovered the surgery when she fell pregnant again and she is now about 18 week and everything is as it should be :)

Thank you that really means a lot :)

Well they've felt my tummy and did a urine sample which was negative?!?! I showed them th positive test I did so they've taken blood and will ring in the morning with results and we'll go from there

I'm sorry about your ectopic :(

I just wanted to let you know that i have a friend who found out at her 12 weeks scan that the baby was ectopic and she had an ovary and tube removed.

She had barely recovered the surgery when she fell pregnant again and she is now about 18 week and everything is as it should be :)

good luck hunni! i really hope all works out for you. my thoughts are with :love: xxxx

Update:

My hcg levels were at 14 so I have to go back in a few days if im still having pain and symptoms as it could be one of 2 things;

1.my levels are still dropping as they were at 2000 something before the operation

2.its a new pregnancy and the levels would have increased in a few days to show this

So here we go waiting!

I have everything crossed for you :D The waiting game is a terrible one, but please try and relax.
Hubby and I always say if it's meant to be it'll happen, which gives us some comfort after an mc at 20 weeks in March. It just wasn't meant to be for us that time.
Keep us posted as to how you get on, I'll be thinking of you :hug: xxx

PS If it helps, Boots HPT test at 50miu, so if your hCG levels are doubling every couple of days as they will if you're pg then you could do one of them tomorrow? Doing tests all the time might not help you.. but I know it does me so just thought I'd mention it :D xxx

Thanks. If im not pregnant thats fine I just wanna know as im bleeding and in pain I wanna know if its ectopic or not cause ive only got my right tube left :-(

I'll do another test fri morning and if the pain etc is the same i'll go back to the epu.

I have everything crossed for you :D The waiting game is a terrible one, but please try and relax.
Hubby and I always say if it's meant to be it'll happen, which gives us some comfort after an mc at 20 weeks in March. It just wasn't meant to be for us that time.
Keep us posted as to how you get on, I'll be thinking of you :hug: xxx

PS If it helps, Boots HPT test at 50miu, so if your hCG levels are doubling every couple of days as they will if you're pg then you could do one of them tomorrow? Doing tests all the time might not help you.. but I know it does me so just thought I'd mention it :D xxx

good love hunni all my thoughts are with you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back