Ectopic pregnancy concern Pls Help

ree77

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Well here we go again on to another month :D I hope all is well with everyone! I had a previous ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and the one tube was removed. I never had any pregnant symptoms the only thing I had was light bleeding for 2 weeks which I had thought was my period ( I was wrong ) and then sudden severe abdominal pain on the right side, went to hospital found out I was pregnant and that it was tubal but I never found out how far along I was. That was 4 years ago, now this month I am 4 days late for my period no signs of pregnancy but I am having left side abdominal cramping. My question is how long can u go in pregnancy if it was an ectopic before it would rupture If I am pregnant I would be in my 4th week.

I think most ectopic pregnancies make themselves apparent and can rupture between 6 and 10 weeks - but this is only from what I remember - I may not be right. i will check for you x

This is what i found on NHS Direct website (www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk)

Symptoms
The symptoms of ectopic pregnancy usually start with cramping period-like pains and slight vaginal bleeding occurring around two weeks after your first missed period. Symptoms usually occur between weeks 4 and 10 of pregnancy – and you may not even be aware that you are pregnant, so at first you may think that cramps and bleeding are simply your period.

Bleeding is usually slightly different from your normal period – either heavier or lighter, and the blood may be darker than usual.

Cramps and bleeding are similar symptoms to miscarriage, which is much more likely than an ectopic pregnancy. But if you also have severe pain, particularly on one side of the lower abdomen, an ectopic pregnancy must be considered.

If the ectopic pregnancy is not found and treated soon enough, the embryo grows and causes the fallopian tube to stretch. If this happens the tube may rupture (split), causing further symptoms including:

sudden, severe pain that gradually spreads throughout the abdomen;
pain in the shoulder, caused by blood leaking into the abdomen and irritating the muscles of the diaphragm;
shock caused by sudden internal bleeding;
sweating, light-headedness and feeling faint; and
diarrhoea or blood in the stools.

Hope that helps mate

Thank you so much for checking for me, do you think if there is NO bleeding then you can rule ectopic out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back