EBAY - requesting credit card details??

Eveadel

Reaction score
Im not to pleased with Ebay at the moment, I want to change my email address as sky has been really poor with their service and Ive now set up a yahoo address - well Ive tried doing this for ebay and they are asking for my credit card details although the service is free. Ive tried contacting ebay to advise I do not wish to give them my credit card details but I keep getting an automated response :x :x

i would just sign up again with a new email address. Iv had loads of problems with ebay when i wanted to change my address/card details. Aparently if you get a new debit card with the same number you cant change it because the system recognises the number :? Idiots!

If you are signing up with a FREE email address, i.e. hotmail, yahoo or similar it will ask for card details to verify you somewhat so you don't place a zillion bids and then you are not trackable etc. Try signing up for a free account with AOL www.aol.co.uk they usually accept those as paid for accounts as they can't tell who's free and who's an AOL paid member. I'm having BIG bother with them just now trying to close my account because a member bid and hasn't sent me payment for the item. Really had enough of the site to be honest.

I just cant see why they want to hold my credit card details on file just because I want to change an email address????

i had the same problem.. i opened up a new account in the end.. silly i know..

you should have a choice to give those details or have them call you on a landline and quote a reference number. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back