need ebay adivce asap...

Definately a mistake on her part. Can you not get in touch with ebay and ask for their opinion on this? Maybe then forward their reply...I don't know if this can be done though! :think:

I didn't mean to sound like I thought you had misled her - just that I'd be the sort of muppet who would buy something not realising you'd need another part for it. Sorry if I've given any offence :( :hug:

The fact that you mentioned "build your own new Loola" should have meant that if (like me) she knew nothing about this pushchair she at least got in touch with you to find out if she needed them. And in any case, it's the buyer's responsibility to find out what they are bidding on if they are not sure - you said what she was bidding on and she got it.

If I bid on a DS for example and there was no mention of the power cord in the listing but I didn't check I could hardly blame the seller for misleading me if it turned up without one. Add on a mention on their listing that I could get them elsewhere on ebay and if I'm not sure if I need it or not (for example, if I think it may be able to run off batteries) I would at least get in touch with them. In any case I couldn't blame them for misrepresenting the item.

As others have said I would reiterate the fact that the listing clearly states that the covers, etc. were not included as they have been 'sold' separately but that there are covers available on other auctions if she feels that she has to have them.

If you have covers for sale yourself you could possibly make her an offer to sell the covers to her at a 'special' price to try and help resolve the issue.

If all else fails and she does leave negative feedback you have the ability to comment on the feedback she leaves. This way you can point out that the fault was hers for not reading the clear listing properly.

Hope this helps

You have rightly sold the item *as described* and she should have read the auction properly if she was so concerned about the details of the pram.

If she payed by Paypal she might open a dispute for 'item not as described' but you can dispute this with her. She would have to send the pram back to you (at her own expense) if this was found in her favour and you would have to refund her the winning bid amount.

I would wait and see if you can sort it out amicably and then try to agree on leaving each other positive feedback. If she does end up leaving you a negative just leave one back for her. I doubt that one negative will affect your sales as long as you have mostly positive feedback. Most people would only not buy from you if you had loads of negs in a row. I wouldn't worry hon. There are unfortunately lots of idiots who can't read on ebay :roll:

surely she wouldnt win a dispute for "item not as described"

as she got EXACTLY what i described.. :think: lol

she was brand new to ebay, she opened the account same day as she bid...

lozzi said:

i guess at least that would mean that you would want to avoid neg feedback for herself, if not she'd never me able to buy anything again lol. but i defently think she got as described. have u heard off her yet?

Claire&Jack said:
lozzi said:

i guess at least that would mean that you would want to avoid neg feedback for herself, if not she'd never me able to buy anything again lol. but i defently think she got as described. have u heard off her yet?

not had anything from her as of yet...

just waiting lol :)

lozzi said:
Claire&Jack said:
lozzi said:

not had anything from her as of yet...

just waiting lol :)

maybe shes kicking herself thinking oh yeah shes right lol

lozzi said:

I doubt she would win but ebay/paypal are sometimes really unpredictable in those kind of situations.

Just don't let her intimidate you and make sure you know your rights regarding ebay and paypal policies. If it was me I would stand my ground and say item was as described and that she should buy the parts as spares directly from the manufacturers. Have you got proof that she received the pushchair (did you send it by a form of post that requires signing for the item)? Some unscrupulous buyers pretend to paypal that they never received the item if they don't like it or change their mind and paypal automatically finds in their favour if the seller has no proof that item was received by buyer.

Good luck hon !

well im waiting with baited breath for the result of this.

shes in the wrong. she should read before buying

budge said:
well im waiting with baited breath for the result of this.

shes in the wrong. she should read before buying

ooo hello stranger...

hoow the helll are you?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic