Early signs??

Bunny82

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not even sure if I'm pregnant or not yet, I'm waiting for AF (5 days late) but I am sometimes irregular so not sure. I did a test a few days ago, and it came back with a faint pink smudge - which is neither negative or positive in my eyes!

Anyway for about 14 days now I have been feeling very bloated, but this is getting worse (so bad i have to keep undoing my trousers!!) I have been sick twice and feeling quesey all the time! My boobs are sore and a bit itchy and I have been having period like cramps for about 12 or so days now, they too are getting worse, usually when I have been walking!

I'm not sure if its all in my head becasue I want it, but i just feel pregnant. I calculated online that i might be around 5 weeks pregnant, and saw a phlebotimist at the doctors (for some other blood tests) and she told me to wait another 5 days before taking another test!

Im just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same, as I have read many many articles about people feeling this way!

I don't want to get my hopes up too much just in case, but fingers crossed!!

x

Hi Bunny!

Welcome to the forum btw :wave:

The girls often say that a pink line is a pink line and therefore positive...but I'm like you and want to be 100% sure. The good thing for you is that you are actually 5 days late! I have seen so many girls on here test early and get their BFP to find that a few days later their period arrives as normal.
I have the same symptoms as you but I'm not due on my period until next Saturday/Sunday. I've had very very mild period pains since 6 DPO and now at 10DPO I have just woken up (live in Oz) with a huge twinge of period pain. I expected to find blood (sorry, tmi!) but nothing.
I also have extremely sore boobies too! I had pain last month but nothing like this! This is agony!

I'm trying not to look into my symptoms too much as I had similar ones last month and this month I had a terrible cold at ovulation time and feel that may have hindered my chances.

Anyway...just wanted to let you know that I have similar symptoms to yours and that I think you're in with a good chance, especially if the witch hasn't made an appearance yet! :dance:

Let us know how you get on! Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to you :dust:

Lucia xx

Thankyou and thankyou for welcoming me :D

I feel exactly the same, keep expecting to see something when I go to the loo, but so far nothing (and fingers crossed it stays that way!)

I don't want to waste another test .. so will wait a few more days, Im back to work Monday in a school (after having the 6 school holiday weeks off) and I feel so bloated and heavy and soooo tired imnot sure how i'll cope im hoping routine will just kick in!

Oh and fingers crossed for you too .. its exciting but agnising at the same time isnt it!!

xXx

Last edited:
Oooh, I'm a teacher too! Definitely take it easy when you go back...no heavy lifting or anything just in case.
Waiting a few days to test again is a good idea as the line should be darker!

I have my next school holiday in 3 weeks. I have 2 weeks off and will be coming home to the UK! Can't wait! I then have 10 weeks at school until the Christmas/Summer holiday which is 6 weeks long...same as UK. So if I am pregnant (here's hoping) I'll only have to work for 12 weeks after the holiday and then I'll be done! I think it would work out quite well only doing the first term as there's another teacher who is off on 'long service' leave then so we can share the timetable!!

Ha ha! I've got it all worked out in my head! All I need now is the magic BFP!!

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on! :dust:

Lucia xx

Hey Bunny and LuciaLeek,
Your symptoms sound promising. Fingers crossed for you - let us know when you test again!
Jodie x

Yeah your symptoms sound a like, hope you get a positive x x x

Good luck, fingers crossed for you x

Thankyou everyone .. was my first day back at work today, was sooo tired when I got home I had to have a nap!!

Have bought another test and will give it a go in next couple of days (AF 8 days late now!!!)

x

8 days late is a really good sign let us know when you test again and what the outcome is i am keeping my fingers crossed for you

lots of baby :dust: for you

Can't wait to hear your update Bunny! 8 days is definitely a good sign! Good luck and lots of baby :dust: coming your way!

xx

Took the test this morning .. BFN :cry:Had a cry in the bathroom for around ten minutes and then had to get ready for work, when all I really wanted was to crawl back under the duvet!

I was so convinced, ive never felt the way I do at the moment before!

Anyway went to work and decided to make an appointment at the doctors anyway to see what she thought.

Told her all my symptoms and the fact im 9 days late now! And she said to remain positive (hmm great choice of words) and carry on as if I was pregnant (ie folic acid, no alcholol etc) until I take another test in a few days time!

But then she also booked me in for a blood test as she said that a lot of pregancy hormones dont show up in some womens urine until a lot later than my (suspected) 5 weeks!

I'm trying to stay "positive" but i can't help feeling down also, I still feel pregnant - so I don't know - time will tell I guess!

Thanks for listening everyone!

x

Hi Bunny82

i really hope you get a BFP soon. Do you normally have regular periods? If so, it could still be good news xx

I didn't for years when I was younger, but recently they have been pretty regular, also i had a keyhole operation to see if i had endrometiosis (sp??) and I have a small cyst, and since the op in which they said my tubes and everything was fine, ive been even more regular!

ho hum

x

Oh Bunny, I'm so sorry it was a BFN. :hugs:
Hopefully it is just too early to tell - Fingers crossed! I'm still waiting for AF which is due on Saturday...I'm very pessimistic this month :sad:

Let us know if there are any updates xx

Still no news or signs of AF!!!

I just don't know whats going on really!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you Lucia!!

x

Hi everyone,

My period was due on Tuesday(im never late) and so far ive had a BFN!

Could I still be pregnant?

Thanks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back