Early Scan

GingerKitty

Reaction score
Anyone had/considering an early scan? Did you think it was worth it, if so?

I've found someone near us who does one for £80 and considering going at about 8wks. We haven't told our parents yet - hubby is very cautious. I am, too, but him more so! I think if we got an early scan then we'd tell immediate family then all being well and everyone else sometime after the NHS 12 week scan.

Hi, I had one at 7+2 weeks just for my own reassurance. We paid £45 and got 3 pics. I was put back to 6+1 which I expected as I knew I ov'd late. We saw the HB which for me was a huge reassurance x

I had one on NHS at 7 weeks 3 days due to recurrent mc. It's great to get the reassurance that there is actually something there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 11
I had an early scan my last pregnancy due to having a mmc the pregnancy before.

We had sad news again with another mmc being discovered but I will definitely be getting early scans from now on.

Even though I don't qualify to get them on the NHS I would go privately. I just need to know that all is ok or not and couldn't wait until the 12 week scan.

XX

I had one with my first and just had one on Friday and it's worth every penny ours are only £50 but to know everything is ok is what matters to us. Xx

I'm definitely going for one, the NHS aren't very good at my epu anyway, they should have known something was wrong when they told me baby is only as big as a 4 weeks old embryo but the HB was there so it should have been 6 weeks. Even my doctor said that if HB us there your 6 weeks so meh. Id rather pay private all the way through my pregnancy, but hubby says they've only made 1 mistake, and we need to move house in April so we're going for about 5 private scans through pregnancy, they're 80-100 each but way worth it is think x

This was my early scan, was supposed to be 7+3 but was around 6+2. I couldn't believe how detailed it was, it made a huge difference to me seeing it was ok :) i also had a reassurance scan on the nhs due to past mcs xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 15
Also may be worth checking groupon as they have offers sometimes

I had one at 8 weeks with my son and I'm having one at 10 weeks with this pregnancy :) The scan is free though because a charity in my area provides free early scans and pregnancy advice.

Thanks everyone :)

We've booked one for 13th Feb - can't wait! Nervous, but if there's bad news I think I want to know sooner rather than later.

Sorry to butt in, but how do you find out where does private scans?

Just google private baby scans in your area and you'll find somewhere x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back