Paying for Early scan?

if it puts your mid at rest defo go for it, i had one at 6 weeks and 8 weeks but luckily on the nhs.
Ive looked at private scans but i find them too expensive but if you can do it then go ahead, x

I don't think I would tbh, think it would be more special just having the NHS ones and having to wait to see LO x

That is pricey indeed!

My two early scans <8 weeks were £25 reduced to £20 for December, after 8 weeks it would have been £45 and after 12 weeks it's £65. After tri 2 you can get a selection of 2/3d scan packages up to £250. The place is brilliant!!

In Perth though, so probably too far away for any Englanders!!

Hey hun. Do you mind passing on the info of where you had your scan please, as I'm not far from Perth! Feel I'd really benefit from early scan as I'm so nervous xxx

I had an early scan yesterday in Leeds, it cost £50 and was worth every penny. We used meet your baby and they were fab!! Saw and heard heartbeat at 8 weeks 6 days xxx

just booked a scan at Perth for the 25th! How was yours Leesey? I am a bit confuddled as to why the doctor hismself answered the phone with just "hello Dr Christie" like I had called his direct number or something? he also sounds a bit old and dottery?

anyway i should be around the 9 weeks by that point so will get the video of the heartbeat and piglet moving! (fingers crossed).

just cant wait until 12 weeks, I am worrying far too much which isnt going to be doing me any good. And for the sake of £45 and a 2hours drive? meh. x

I have a private scan booked in 13days... i did have have it booked for tuesday but ended up going to hospital on thursday were nhs did one but my dates back by 12 days so ive rebooked the private scan so i will be 7 weeks so i can see the hearbeat..i am glad we have the money for a private one as i dont think i could survive til 12 weeks as i cant stop worrying :( xx

Hi Girls.

Leesy i'm in Glasgow so might have a look at your guy in Perth!

L x

Last edited:
just booked a scan at Perth for the 25th! How was yours Leesey? I am a bit confuddled as to why the doctor hismself answered the phone with just "hello Dr Christie" like I had called his direct number or something? he also sounds a bit old and dottery?

anyway i should be around the 9 weeks by that point so will get the video of the heartbeat and piglet moving! (fingers crossed).

just cant wait until 12 weeks, I am worrying far too much which isnt going to be doing me any good. And for the sake of £45 and a 2hours drive? meh. x

Sorry hon never even saw this. He's actually a lovely man, the whole staff are really nice!! It's a small business, but they've always given us a really warm welcome. He's definitely old though, he was one of the first in Scotland to give a certain type of ultrasound way back when, I remember him telling us? He's lovely though!

You won't regret it, it's a lovely experience, and the nice little touches such as warming up the ultrasound gel for you before you start make it worth every penny!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back