Paying for Early scan?

nikkid

Reaction score
Im thinking of booking in for an early scan next week as I want some reassurance LO is ok Do you think this is a good idea? Anyone else paid for a private early scan and was it reassuring to you? xxxx

If it's going to give you some reassurance and you can financially afford it, then go for it :) I had an early scan at 9 weeks (but was with NHS due to abdominal pains) and obviously I had it for reassurance and felt amazing to be told everything was fine and heartbeat was going strong!

I had an early scan because I was admitted to hospital, and it was very very reassuring.

If I could have paid for a private scan I would have but it wasn't financially viable for us.

If it'll put ur mind at rest, and u can afford it, then go for it :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Its going to cost £45 for one, which i think is quite reasonable and if it will stop me worrying then I think it is worth it x

I had 3 early scans privately, one was too early to see anything, one was at 6 weeks, and one was at 8 weeks. I also had one at ten weeks on the nhs after spotting, and had my normal 12 week scan yesterday. So on average I've had one scan every fortnight and it has been a godsend!! I worry so much I don't know how I could have got all the way to yesterday's scan without seeing bubs xx

£45 is fab! If they were £45 here I would definitely have gotten one! They are around £160 - £200 here x

I had an early scan on NHS because of some bleeding if i hadn't had to have one i think i'd have payed for a private scan tbh. :).

That is pricey indeed!

My two early scans <8 weeks were £25 reduced to £20 for December, after 8 weeks it would have been £45 and after 12 weeks it's £65. After tri 2 you can get a selection of 2/3d scan packages up to £250. The place is brilliant!!

In Perth though, so probably too far away for any Englanders!!

Last edited:
£45 is fab! If they were £45 here I would definitely have gotten one! They are around £160 - £200 here x

Jayjay you'd have been cheaper jumping on a plane to Scotland and getting one at the place I went to!! Madness for those prices eh?!

I know! I was so pissed off when I saw the prices!
But I've had 2 with the NHS so far, at 6wks and 9wks so I didn't end up needing another, but still, how can they justify charging that amount?!?! Cheeky beggars.

I had one on the nhs at 6 weeks, but then wanted to know all was ok before Christmas so went private (£70 or thereabouts) at 10w2d, think it was slightly more than the early reassurance scans because they did a dating scan. Then had my official nhs dating scan at 11w5d. Now just got the wait til 20w scan. I think I'll probably go private later on about 30w for a 3d scan too :)

Where do you guys go for your private scans? I got a quote from a spire hospital and they wanted £250!!! If I could have got one at the prices you guys paid I would have defo had one by now cos I'm driving myself nuts!!

Thanks ladies, had a look at both sites but there is nothing near me :( I'm near Norwich if anyone knows of any near me?!! Xx

We went to one in Kent with DD, early scan was £50 and then got a package for £150 for later scan and then 4d too :D lovely people there too, so much better than nhs, but you would expect that really. So reassuring to see bubba at 6 weeks, have booked one for 8 weeks this time, so hopefully will be able to see more too :) x x

Are you sure that was just for an early viability scan hun? Sounds very expensive! x x

I'm having a scan on Monday at the hospital I work in, but if that hadn't been arranged I would def have booked a private scan.
If you can afford it, I'd go for it. Well worth it for the reassurance.x

Are you sure that was just for an early viability scan hun? Sounds very expensive! x x

The dearer one was for 3 scans throughout the pregnancy, but having just 1 was still about £100. Just can't afford that right now lol x

I went for an early private scan :)

It cost me £75 but i got a few pictures of my baby and an exact due date, i also got to see my babys heart beat and made sure it was growing in the right place due to my endometreosis.

So yeh i would deffo recomend it :) even though you will never stop worrying lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back