• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early riser's?!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Anyone else's babies wake up for the day at a silly time in the morning?
I know I shouldn't complain cos he sleeps 11-12 hours at night but no matter what time I put him to bed he wakes up at 5.30am! This morning it was 5.20 and he went to bed at 6.30 last night! It was my turn for a lie in but I fill so guilty cos it's so early and we didn't go to bed until 12.30 last night so I'm shattered!
When will he start sleeping longer in the mornings?

amelia used to get up at 5.30 then i just pushed her by half hour then when it was 6 i thought that was reasonable but she has started going till 7 on her own x

We are up most mornings at 6 But this weekend she's managed to sleep till 7.30! x

Dolly has woke up early since the day she was born and still dose, she's just one of them kids she gets a little better in the winter,
Where when monty is off school I never see him before 10am he's like a teenager but has ALWAYS loved his sleep,
Herbie is following his footsteps he went to bed at 7pm and is still flat out I've got my hair dye on and running my bath,
When herbie wakes up about 5-6am he comes in our bed could you try that?
In my case what sleepers they have been like as a baby they still have now , only good thing now dolly just turns her DVD player on lol

I've got a bad feeling he's gonna be an early riser forever now :(
Lacey never used to wake up before 8am so it has been a shock going from that to this!
I cant bring him into bed with me cos my bedrooms on a diff floor to his so by the time I get him and bring him up to my bed he's wide awake!
I've tried pushing his bedtime later but he still wakes up at 5.30.
I've been in tears this morning cos I'm shattered and he's constantly on the go, so i'm on my feet from 5.30 till i go to bed and I don't get any help from anyone and although OH did offer me a lie in today (my once a month lie in he gives me) I felt guilty with Charley waking up so early so just got up without waking OH!

Oscar wakes up around 6 every day. He went through a week or so of 5am, but I refused to get up til he was screaming lol

Just recently he's been waking in the night, either 2.30 or 4am either of them on the dot and has about 20 mins of fidgets and kick abouts but I just pretend I'm asleep and he usually drifts off, but I'm knackered from this!!

I did it last night, 4am!

Even if he doesn't go to sleep til 9pm when he's all hyper he still wakes up at around 6am. It's so annoying coz then we get no evening and am still up bloody early.

And this morning I started hoovering at 8am and the new neighbour started banging on my front door to complain. WTF? I didn't answer just carried on, sod them, they have bloody parties in their bedroom til like 3am on a week night when we have to get up early (OH for work) shouting and everything, don't care about anyone else so I'm gonna hoover at 8am in the house I actually own if I want to lol

Sorry, ranting, not happy this morning!!!

xxxx

Meant to say, I don't get a lay in either. I've had 1 since Oscar was born (he's 8 months tomorrow) and then I was still up at 7am or something!!

It doesn't help that we have a border collie who needs a big walk morning and evening, but if I walk the dog it's still me up early with Oz and bathing, dressing him and feeding his breakfast then I take the dog out.

I literally get no chill out time for me! I think you start to lose yourself in the end and it's so frustrating, but at the same time it's hard to pass the responsibility over because you end up having to say everything to do anyways so you're still involved!

Poor you it really gets tough sometimes, I cope 99% of the time all my friend think I mother hen and can cope with anything but now and again I just need a cry and let it all out and feel sorry for myself.
Herbie is still in our room so he jumps straight in without really opening his eyes,
You need to accept more help of Tim if I didn't have o/h I would go potty.
You seem close to your mum ( unlike me lol) dose she help you out have Charlie for the night?
Are Tims mum and dad do they babysit ?

8am's not even early Maria so sod your neighbours and rant away! Lol
I am close to my mum but she's never offered to have the kids since charley was born. She did say the other day that she'll have Lacey over night soon but not charley as she's not confident with him yet. She's got a very strong bond with Lacey.
Tim's mums never met charley and has only seen Lacey twice, we have nothing to do with her and tim's dads only just come back in our lives after 2 years of being AWOL so I don't trust him.
You are like super mum lanny, I really admire you, you just seem so natural at being a mum!!

Awww thank-you, we just have to get on with it don't we, you are doing a fab job too, I have o/h hear all wk you do it all on your own I don't know how you do it. We also don't talk to o/h parents so we don't have any gran-parents to help out both sides.
Wait till I have number 4 I will be crying in here everyday haha

How dark is it in his room? Maybe a black out blind will help?

Drake gets up anytime between 6-7.30am. This morning it was 6.30am. I don't mind the early ones as I take him down, he has a little play, I change his nappy and give his bottle. He'll lie in my arms till he and I fall asleep, it's lush!

Last edited:
we used to get up really early but all of a sudden the last few weeks hes been sleeping til gone 8am!! :faint: its lovely cos i can actually get dressed before hes up! :yay: although most of the time he sleeps in cos hes woken at 5am and had milk and gone back to sleep. Perhaps try treating 5am as a nightfeed and not getting him up? I think they just sleep whenever theyre ready to be honest. A blackout blind made a massive difference when the sun started rising early.

noa wakes 6ish but i never talk to him or pick him up, demba just give him his bottle n he goes back to sleep (no crying) so im never up before 9 sometimes 10, today 9.20. I know im very lucky tho

Everyday without fail Paige is up and ready for the day at 6am :( Im an early riser too so it's not too bad but my usual natural wake up time is 7am so it's stilling knocking me out. Today she wok eup crying at 5am and I pointblank refuse to get her out of bed before 6am so I went in, gave her a dummy and left without saying a word and she screamed as if I was murdering her but only for about 3 minutes or so (it felt sooo much longer) and she went back to sleep until gone 6am. It was bliss.

I was that tired I went bed at half 9 last night :blush: I felt like an old lady. Shes at FOBs tonight though so I get the morning to myself tomorrow. Oh its going to be good.

I also give herbie a bottle when he gets into our bed about 6 I'm sure he would be wide awake if I didn't xxx

What does he do when he wakes up? Just asking because when Aiden wakes usually around half 6 he plays in his cot and talks to himself and a while ago I left him to see what he did and he went back to sleep until half 7 sometimes 8am! Now this is the regular morning routine! X

My lo wakes up at 5.30am, but i treat it as a night feed, after i put him back in his cot and he goes back to sleep. Then morning is around 8 am xxxx

6pm is maybe a wee tiny bit early to go to bed. Could you try putting them down to sleep at 7/8?

It could also be to do with the light shining in the wondow i'm sure the sun-rise is around 5am. My daughter would always wake up with the sunrise, untill we got blackout blinds and she then slept til around 7/8. I've heard a few people saying sunrise wakes up their wee ones.

:)

He's got blackout blinds already and a blanket hung against his window.
He goes to bed early cos he gets so grumpy around then and I'd rather he went to sleep then and not have another nap otherwise he wouldn't be going to bed until 9ish and I like my evenings to myself.
If he woke at like 6.30am I wouldn't mind cos I got to get up for lace anyway, it's just 5.30 is too early. I've tried giving him milk then leaving him but he cries, I've also tried just leaving him for half hour to play in his cot, it used to work but now within 5mins of waking, he's crying and I dont want him waking Lacey up.
I'm kinda hoping as he gets older he'll start to sleep in more, if not then I'll have to get used to these 5.30 starts :(

Ive pushed Paiges bedtime back to 7pm as it was getting to be a 6pm bedtime but Im just dreading the clock change so Im acting early! Ive found I do everything 15 minutes later and we sit and watch 30 minutes of the bedtime hour on cbeebies and Ive found this really helps her calm down as before she was gettin grumpy and annoyed, hence going bed at 6pm. She doesnt wake up any later though! lol. I just didnt want her going bed at 5pm when the clocks changed and waking up at 4/5am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back