Too early for bed?

Emma58

Reaction score
During the day Sam rarely has long naps, usually he has 20-30 minutes between 10am and 11am then the same around 1pm - 2pm that is it for the day then.
He has started being ready for bed though anywhere as early as 530pm which i think is too early so i try and entertain him until at least 630pm before putting him in his cot. Usually he sleeps until 2am then is wide awake at 600am.

Does this sound OK? I would rather him go to bed around 730pm but there is no way I can keep him awake until that time as he is always shattered by this time.

Hey there,

Sorry you have a nightmare settling your baby. Does he sleep in his push chair or in the car? Just wondered if a walk or drive might help squeeze a little more sleep out of him during the day to help you with getting him down later. It sounds as though his night waking and early starts are a symptom of an early night. Out of interest does he feed when he wakes at 2am?

The clocks go back this weekend so your problem is about to get worse. :?

Becs said:
Hey there,

Sorry you have a nightmare settling your baby. Does he sleep in his push chair or in the car? Just wondered if a walk or drive might help squeeze a little more sleep out of him during the day to help you with getting him down later. It sounds as though his night waking and early starts are a symptom of an early night. Out of interest does he feed when he wakes at 2am?

The clocks go back this weekend so your problem is about to get worse. :?

Eek I never even thought about the clocks going back :eek:

He will have a short nap in his pram but still not for long, in the car he is asleep in minutes and stays asleep for ages but i don't use the car everyday.
He does feed when he wakes early hours but literally only 1-2oz of milk then he is back asleep.

I'm not sure whether to let him nap at 530ish when he is starting to get tired for half an hour then wake him and bathe him, feed him and stretch it out that way?

could you possibly get him to have a nap around 4pm? like half an hour?

aidens naps - 8:30am/9:30am
- 11:30am/12pm
- 2:30pm/3:30pm

then he goes to bed at 6:30pm until 7am. i think if you could get him down for a short nap at 4ish then he'd settle better around 7. as becs said though, maybe your better waiting till the clocks go back and starting fresh?

Emma58 said:
He does feed when he wakes early hours but literally only 1-2oz of milk then he is back asleep.

just seen this - he is maybe only taking that out of habit, aiden was waking at 10:30pm for 2oz, one night i just went in put his dummy in and he fell back asleep and has since slept through :hug:

I find it so frustrating that up until his last set of jabs his sleeping was brilliant. He was going down about 8pm on an night and sleeping through until about 7am. Since his jabs it has all gone a bit wrong :?

I think I will wait until the clocks have changed until changing his routine and try popping a dummy in when he wakes in the night.

Thanks girls :hug:

leland sometimes has a nap at 5.30 , he goes to bed at 8 / 8.30 and sleeps till 7.30 / 8

Emma58 said:
I'm not sure whether to let him nap at 530ish when he is starting to get tired for half an hour then wake him and bathe him, feed him and stretch it out that way?

This is what we do - Faith's bedtime routine starts at 6.45pm with nappy off time for half hour then half an hour getting her dry, fed, read to and into her crib, so she'll be asleep by 7.45pm.

She naps normally between 5.30pm and 6pm for between half hour and an hour.

It's normally a case that soon after she waked from that nap we start the bedtime routine and it works for us so maybe that's worth a try? :hug:

Unusually for him today he has had 20 minutes this morning, 45 minutes from 1-15pm and he has gone back to sleep now, so I am going to try and get him to have as long as possible because he never sleeps this late in an afternoon!

He has been really grouchy and clingy though today and is probably worn out from all the crying he has done - I think it is the dreaded teething again :roll:

Lets hope him sleeping this late will mean I can start a later routine for him tonight :pray:

Harrison goes to bed around 7pm, he sleeps from 9-10:30 then 2-3:30 then bed at 7 and wakes at 6.30

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back