Jake wants to go bed too early

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
At the moment Jake wants to go bed at about 7pm which means he wakes up at 4.30 in the morning. If any of your LO's go bed really early do you wake them after a certain amount of time for a feed and nappy change. If yes how long do you keep them up for then before putting them back to bed.

take him up hun and then feed and put him straight back down at 4.30, you will have a week of him crying but keep popping his dummy in hell sleep then till about 7ish (with any luck for you) then soon he will drop that feed thats what we did with alfie he was going at 5 o clock and it has took months of struggling to get him to bed later the lad just cant wait

Will he take a dreamfeed? Maybe try him with a bottle when you go up to bed. As for the nappy, I'd leave it unless it wakes him up and bothers him.

Logan does this too but at 4 I put him into bed with me and he feeds and goes back to sleep.. for a couple of days he wanted to play but we ignored him :oops: and he got bored so fell asleep... :) good luck!

Kate goes to bed at 7pm too, she is about the same age as Jake. I give her a bottle at about 10pm - but leave the nappy well alone or she raises hell! I have found that she will sleep through after that till about 7am. Or 8 if I am really lucky! My friend never gave her daughter a feed after 7pm and it took her till 9 months old or so to sleep through. Dreamfeeds are great! :D

i am having the exact same problem, he wants to go to bed at 7, he also then wakes at 4:30 for a feed. I also always give him a dream feed at 10:30, and he still wakes at 4:30!
im begining to think he will NEVER go through the night, its so frustrating. Hes now nearly 10 weeks, and im shattered!
Im also giving him hungry baby formula thinking he might go longer.....hasnt worked yet!!

hannah went to bed at 6 and i dream fed her at 11 but she was still nearly 5 months before she slept through

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back