Early prganancy scan showed a cyst. 4cm. - anyone have any experience of cysts?

princessp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I went for a private scan yesterday and baby measurement about 7 weeks 1 days which is about right. anyway, the sonographer also found a cyst on my right overay which she said was slightly larger than a normal cyst you find in early pregnancy. She said the cyst was 4cm which seems really big. when googling( dangerous I know) it seems that cysts over 4cm should be monitored.

I'm also extremely bloated and look about 20 + weeks pregnant. I don't know if this is related to the cyst at all? I feel like people know I'm pregnant.

I had an early scan at 9 weeks and had a 3cm cyst. She said if it had grown any bigger by 12 weeks they'd need to keep an eye on it but it had vanished by 12 weeks

Oh ok. I'm hoping that's going to be the case. I still have 4 weeks until my scan and 4cm seemed really big. Hoping it will have gone. Did you notice that you had any swelling?

I have a cyst somewhere but not sure where!!

When I had my 9yr old they said I said a cyst on my spleen, it was large, about the size of an orange. I know after she was born I had a few scans checking it but they said they didn't want to do anything with/to it.

When I lost weight (went from a size 14 to a size 8) I started being able to feel it sometimes when I first woke up in a morning.

Anyway, when I had my booking in appointment my midwife said my medical notes say I have a cyst on my ovary (was news to me! They said spleen, not ovary!)

I've declined scans this pregnancy but at some point after the birth I want to clarify where the cyst is & what it means as no one has really told me anything.

My friend had a cyst on her ovary when pregnant, by the time she gave birth she had to have the cyst removed as the cyst was 26cm!!

I had a cyst which then burst so they didn't need to keep an eye on it in the end. Hopefully it will go or they will check it and it will be fine. X

I have had a cyst each time I have been pregnant and had an early scan....you can develop a cyst on the ovary that your egg popped from apparently.
Cant remember the sizes but they had disappeared by the time I had my 12 week scan

I had a 8cm by 5cm one in 2008 non pregnancy related which burst on its own a couple of days before I was due to have it removed. It was quite painful and obvious when it happened. They still did my keyhole surgery to check it hadn't damaged anything and it was fine thankfully. Have had other small ones since without problems. I have two small fibroid in my uterus now instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back