Ovarian Cysts and/or abdominal pain - anyone advise?

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

I wondered if any of you could help me with a little query i have with regards to ovarian cysts.

when i went to have my first U/S scan at 4 & 1/2 weeks they noticed a cyst 4cm in diameter then when i went back for my second scan at 6 weeks it had grown to 5cm. Now i am not due to have anymore scans until my 12 wk scan in the new year but last night i had a really funny pain on the side of my cyst but i lot higher (about the same height as my belly button) it wasn'ta cramp like pain it was more of a bruise type feeling as if i had a ball of bruising inside of me. I don't have a bruise or canot think or any bumos or knocks i've had it just feels as thought some one had punched me and my insides hurt.

In certain positions it went away but in others it felt like i was squashing it and agrevating it

I've called the hospital but they said unless it is excrutiating they don't need to see my but i just wondered if anyone had had anything similar that you think it sounds like or do you think it is the cyst?

Its worrying my slightly i mean has anone had this and then had a miscarriage?

LMP x

Not really sure, but if the hospital had been concerned about your cyst then when they saw that it had grown on your latest scan they would have said something and taken some action. They must be happy to leave you to the 12 week scan.

I have heard that its quite common to get cysts in pregnancy and they often just go away on their own.

The pain could be completely unrelated and just be usual stretching pregnancy pains - you do get some really uncomfortable pains in the first tri.

I agree with sunnyday - try not to worry. I remember having badish pains for a few weeks :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back