Early MC 5 weeks

SmithyBaby

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my first post in a long time was last week to announce I had got my BFP. We weren't TTC but we were so excited about it that it didn't matter, it was a lovely surprise. A few days later before my first docs appointment I had an early miscarriage (I am not even sure if this is the correct term when I was only around 5 weeks). I had horrible cramping for days (the first night being the worst and passing blood clots the size of my hand!) it was a really bad couple of days.
Since that all happened we have decided we definitely want to try again as we were so excited and happy that it has confirmed this is what we want at this time in our lives. We are sad about the loss but it has actually brought us closer as a couple. We want to TTC sooner rather than later (we are both in our 30s so don't want to wait). However, there is a horrible nagging feeling that it will happen again and this makes me nervous. We want a baby so much now, more than we thought we did that I am actually frightened to got through a loss again. Is this normal? I also feel sort of responsible, like it was my fault. The doctor said on the phone that it was natural and nothing could have prevented it, but I did lots of things I shouldn't have (not knowing I was pregnant) like working out loads at the gym, going out for drinks one night, carrying heavy boxes around work.. all sorts.
Basically I have so many thoughts going around my head. We want to TTC as soon as my cycle is back to normal but I am nervous about going through it all again. Sorry all I just needed to vent somewhere and see if anyone had any similar experiences.
Love to all x

Hi all,

So my first post in a long time was last week to announce I had got my BFP. We weren't TTC but we were so excited about it that it didn't matter, it was a lovely surprise. A few days later before my first docs appointment I had an early miscarriage (I am not even sure if this is the correct term when I was only around 5 weeks). I had horrible cramping for days (the first night being the worst and passing blood clots the size of my hand!) it was a really bad couple of days.
Since that all happened we have decided we definitely want to try again as we were so excited and happy that it has confirmed this is what we want at this time in our lives. We are sad about the loss but it has actually brought us closer as a couple. We want to TTC sooner rather than later (we are both in our 30s so don't want to wait). However, there is a horrible nagging feeling that it will happen again and this makes me nervous. We want a baby so much now, more than we thought we did that I am actually frightened to got through a loss again. Is this normal? I also feel sort of responsible, like it was my fault. The doctor said on the phone that it was natural and nothing could have prevented it, but I did lots of things I shouldn't have (not knowing I was pregnant) like working out loads at the gym, going out for drinks one night, carrying heavy boxes around work.. all sorts.
Basically I have so many thoughts going around my head. We want to TTC as soon as my cycle is back to normal but I am nervous about going through it all again. Sorry all I just needed to vent somewhere and see if anyone had any similar experiences.
Love to all x

Sorry for your loss :(
I felt exactly like u do... wanting to try again quickly , worried it will happen again and thinking of things you may have done
But it's not your fault ...it just wasn't meant to be this time round. People do all sorts all throughout the pregnancy and don't have miscarriages so firstly don't blame yourself
The worry that it may happen again... that's normal and I have it too
But remember that there's a higher chance you have a healthy pregnancy than another MC. I think we get caught up in the 10/15% or whatever it is and forget it's in our favour
Also try and be positive- cry when you want and grieve but it will get better but aim to have positive attitude for when you try again
Good luck x

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

How you are feeling is completely natural; but please don't blame yourself - lots of people do lots of things during early pregnancy and even further into pregnancy without knowing they're pregnant and go on to have a healthy pregnancy. It's not your fault!

As said above your chances of having a healthy pregnancy are higher than having another miscarriage. Morn your loss; and try again whenever you are ready. Good luck in your journey and take care of yourself

So sorry for your loss. An early loss is often called a chemical pregnancy which just means that the pregnancy was detected by a chemical test but it was too early to see a baby physically on a scan. I had a chemical pregnancy a few years ago at 32. We were also not trying but it prompted us to TTC. My next pregnancy went well and we have 3 lovely children now. I totally understand the fear of it happening again, I think anyone who has suffered a loss and is ttc has been there. Hugs

Oh hunni, I'm sorry for your loss.

There are a couple of us here who have suffered chemical pregnancies so you will feel well supported.

Please don't blame yourself, most people suffer a chemical pregnancy, most don't even know they do, they are just late for their period. Creating a human life is a massive task for your body, sometimes it needs more than one try.

Just get popping those prenatals to get yourself in tip-top shape now you are trying.

Best of luck to you in your journey xx

Thank you so much for all your replies, everyone is so lovely and supportive on this site!
I have started taking Seven Seas trying to conceive supplements so hopefully that will help and I have stopped bleeding. So I guess it's time to start trying. Me and the OH are ready to TTC and I feel in a really good place. I guess some part of you naturally feels sad and a bit guilty but I am hoping for some babydust to come our way now. Thanks again everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back