Early labour frustration!

Lolab

Reaction score
Hi

I was 40 weeks on Monday and a midwife came to my house and did a sweep. She told me I was 1.5cm dilated and that my cervix had shortened to 1cm so I was around 80% effaced. She was really positive and predicted I would be in labour shortly so I got really giddy with it being my first and her being so positive.

Its now Thursday and nothing has really happened. I cant say that I'm in any pain at all but here is what has happened:

Some low back/hip ache
Bit of period type pain/pressure
General tightness in belly - not contractions but constant feeling
Have been constipated but yesterday & today had big bowel movements
Yesterday had what i think was my show - some brown mucous

I know that every labour is different but just wondering what others experience is. I know I'm lucky not to be in pain at this stage as some of my friends were in agony at 1cm dilated with contractions. The house is spotless and I cant help wondering when its all gonna kick off!!

Thanks

With my daughter I was told much the same as you and had a show but she still didn't come for a week! Just try to relax and make most of your time as believe me there won't be any 'me' time in a few days!

I'm 41 weeks tomorrow and starting to get more tummy tightenings, few light period pains few times a day but that's pretty much it..... no show nothing, just doesn't feel that I'm getting there. baby is moving a lot and giving me sharp pains down quite often so can barely move. will see what my midwife says tomorrow.....
So i can imagine how you feel.... hope things will kick off very soon for yuou!!! Good luck!!!

Thanks ladies, I have seen my midwife this morning and am still 1cm dilated. I have chilled out a bit now, I'm only 4 days over stuff is happening and I'm not in pain so I'm actually quite lucky so far. Gonna have a day on the couch eating and watching dvds! x

Good idea, get as much rest as you can just now, cause when LO arrives you will be busy!!! xxx

rest up!!

You'll need it, but if you have a birth ball get on it at every opportunity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back