Dying to feel glam...

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Anyone else the same?

Fed up of hanging round the house in maternity bottoms and shapeless tops.

Want to get all glammed up, have my hair done, put on my high heels and lip gloss and feel human again! Thing is i'm not the sort of person who goes out very often, maybe we'd got out in town every couple of months.

Really want to stick on a push up bra and have a glass of wine or two!

lolol, glad its not just me!!

I feel really frumpy at the mo, im not a girly girl anyway, but i do normaly wear a heal, fitted jeans and a nice top etc.
I had a curvy figure so i liked to show it off.

the other day i got so annoyed at materiny stuff, that i brought some really nice maternity jeans, put my push up bra on (which killed) and a low cut fitted top, then i for my spike healed, pointed toe boots on.
after a face full of make up and enough lip gloss to sink a ship, i went out!

after an hour i was home getting back in to those comfy materny clotes! lol

at least i tried tho

I went shopping for a sensible nightie or pajama set to take into hospital at the same time that I went to get a nappy bucket from Woolies and a steriliser and some breast pads from Wilkinsons (very cheap in there!). Anyway, I usually wear kind of satin chamisole things to bed and they've been useful in managing to turn over easily on the 7 pillow rig-up I have right now but they're a bit short now with the bump and all for public view! Did I buy the sensible 100% cotton button down the front nightie? Not a bit of it! I was feeling so huge and unattractive weighed down with buckets and yucky boob pads that I got all down and almost weepy looking at the sensible stuff so to cheer myself up before disgracing myself in public I went into La Senza where they had a two for the price of one deal on the most impractical looking silk halter neck baby doll nighties I've ever seen! I got a bubblegum pink one and a bright red one and some ott velvet ballet slippers! Since they are halter neck and that loose baby doll style the size 18 fits nicely and there's a huge silk bow right at the junction between my boobs and the bump! DH nearly had a fit but they have certainly brightened me up a bit (and him :wink: ) !! I got a cheap 100% cotton very sensible pair of size 20 pajamas from George at Asda yesterday to go into hospital with so that's sorted now too!

+++

Hi

I know I'm only 19+2 at the moment so I've got a lot more growing to come(!) but I've also been feeling dowdy and unnattractive, this is made worse by the fact I've got two patches of ezcema on my face which look awful! I found someone's advice on another thread useful (might've been to you Rosie from memory) where they said instead of buying larger trousers actually buy maternity ones. Easier said than done hey - why do most of the trousers make the bottom bit absolutely massive and out of proportion of the size you bought?! I'm certainly not that slim and even my behind was lost in some of them!

Felt much better after a trip to the Next Clearance shop though, got a nice pair of maternity bootleg trousers (£4) and a lovelymaternity meshy top (£5) so at least i've got one comfy maternity outfit that does make me feel a little glam.

Next problem will be finding a nice outfit for the Christmas Parties!

Lucy

I am actually refusing to wear anything baggy.

Today I'm wearing a clingy black low cut top and full make-up. It makes a big difference to wear nice things even if you aren't going anywhere special.

Get your OH to take you out for dinner at the weekend and go to town with your clothes, hair and make-up. I am trying to make sure I do this every saturday night and it makes all the difference to how I feel.

Rosebay - Those baby doll nighties sound fab!

put my push up bra on (which killed)
:lol: I think I'd have to buy a new one now, my old gel filled ones were a 34C cup and I'm a 36F. Might have more than the desired effect if I go putting them on. Actually think it might kill my boobs!!

Lucy - it was someone giving me advice I think on that thread. I have got some maternity jeans now with a stretch panel, the only problem is after I've been wearing them for a few hours they go a bit baggy and I am continually hoisting them up. :( I could do with going up to the Next clearance place nearest us, but it's about 1hr 30mins away, none of the Next shops near me sell the maternity range which I think really sucks!

Rosebay - Atta girl!

Sarah - DH said that he'd take us out for a meal, remains to be seen whether it will be this weekend though....I'm having my hair done for the first time in months on Saturday, so it would be the perfect night to go out. Better drop some hints about the new look indian in town. I love their food :D

Im awfull, I refuse to buy maternety wear as its only worn for a short time, and Im not going to good good anyway cause Im a blimp! Im wearing anything that fits at the mo, most days thats just a materety nighty, as its hot and I cant be bothered to find OH tracky bottoms and a t-shirt. I have hated the fact that I havent been able to do any clothes shopping this year, and havent treated myself to anything. Plus I have stretchmarks all over my tum, so even when I do go back into my old clothes, ll my trousers are hip fitting and most of my tops show my tum, so I still wont be able to wear anything nice!
So Im now saving like mad, and asking for everyone to give me money or vouchers for christmas so come Jan sales I will hit the shops with about £500-£600 and get a whole new wardrobe. I cant wait! infact sometimes I'm more excited about this than the baby! Im a bad mum! :twisted:

I too am going to ask for vouchers for xmas from everyone to buy clothes once my tummy shrinks a bit. :D

I too am really looking forward to it and will probably get someone to baby sit when I go out on my big spending spree.

I'm with you on that one Cat!

infact sometimes I'm more excited about this than the baby! Im a bad mum!

:lol: Not at all. I was wondering how many dirty looks I'd get if I went out in town and had a glass or two of wine (two max) and got my cleavage out. I should be feeling all feminine and curvy, instead I feel like a big butch woman! I'm sat here in my bargain black trackie bums from Tesco for £3.50, a T-Shirt I bought in Disney years ago that now comes up to my belly button when I stand up and not a scrap of make-up. I've morphed into waynetta slob!

We're skint, but I'm so desperate to go on a shopping spree and buy some lovely boots I spotted in Dorothy Perkins and some smart clothes. Guess I will have to see how generous DH is feeling during his week off in a fortnights time....

totally agree with everyone about not wanting to spend much on maternity wear, apart from my jeans from DP my other few bits of maternity items have been from sale shops - can't believe they sell things so cheap!

I'm going to be struggling to find stuff for work though, I'll have to try and smarten up casual clothes as theres no way I can afford to buy work stuff as well

Lucy

i've bougth a few maternity clothes - figured buying the next size up again and again would work out more expensive or at least the same price anyway! i still want to look good now i'm pregnant - without paying a fortune! i've made some maternity clothes myself as well. for anyone that's interested here's what i have done:

i went out and bought 2metres of black jersey fabric, a bargain at £8 in total from the market. then i got the trusty sewing machine out and made:

1 BLACK LONG SKIRT - just sewed a long tube of the fabric, with a split at the bottom, and made it long enough for me to wear double over my bump (folded over just under my boobs). that took about 1 metre of the fabric and was very comfy.

1 PAIR MATERNITY JEANS + 1 PAIR BLACK TROUSERS - i took a pair of jeans and some black trousers that i already had before pregnancy (but didn't like very much) and cut out a section at the front, from each side seam down in a curve to just under the bump. (i wore the trousers -open- and drew around/below my bump with tailor's chalk) then i took some of the jersey fabric, folded it double, pinned it where the cut-out bit was and sewed it on. i also added elastic at the top which i can adjust. they turned out better than i even imagined, and the fit was great, as the trousers were the same fit as before apart from having extra room for the bump! no baggy bums or thighs in sight!

i still have some fabric left and am planning on attacking a pair of cords that have been gathering dust at the back of my wardrobe for about 2 years!

if my descriptions are confusing (very likely!) and you need any more info, PM me - i'd be happy to help!

actually, i'm gonna post this again under a new topic in case it can help more people! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back