Dying to buy stuff

Cosmogirl7

Reaction score
Is it just me or is time standing still right now? I am dying to start buying stuff for my baby but really can't at 7 weeks pregnant!! Husband has said no way and my sensible head agrees. I've seen this really cute teddy bear chair thing for the nursery. As soon as we get the all clear in 12 week scan I'm buying it :)

Xxx

I had my cot and first lots of clothes at just before 10 weeks lol.

I know how tempting it is. I just gave in and went for it lol xx

At 9 weeks my husband made me go and buy one baby grow, he saw how much I was worrying and fretting so he thought a baby grow would make it seem more real.
I found a really cute Giraffe one from H&M, now I want baby to come so they can wear it :)

I was the same Cosmo! Don't worry, 12 weeks will be here before you know it x

I'm the same, only 9 weeks but I can't stop secretly window shopping on the net. Hubby would think I was insane if I went buying! So I am keeping my secret for now and just saving the money ready!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm feeling the same too! Really dragging now haha. I've got quite a few jelly cat toys/teddies for baby's room already and some little newborn slippers. (Heirloom kinda ones) but I'm kinda waiting to get clothes and stuff til 12 weeks onwards. :)
Xx

I brought a few sleep suits before I got pregnant lol!! I'm soooo tempted buy now too. We don't actually need much as we have all the big stuff from our son 3 years ago so I haven't got spend much this time :) very excited though xx

I keep getting told off for looking but the day I have my 12 week scan I'm shopping on the way home lol x

When I get to my first scan I'll be hitting those shops with a vengence and my credit card! I'd start saving now, put a bit aside each week and then have a big splurge once you get to 12 weeks x

That's a fantastic idea beanie! I'd better start saving lol. Eeeek just want buy now I'm so impatient!! Xx

I'm the same! I also nearly brought some blankets the other day just to buy something, but husband said no ..... Not till 20 weeks!! Yeah right! Xxx

20 weeks is he mental??!!!!!!! There's no way you can last that long!!!!! I'm going to have my wish list ready for 12 weeks :)

Xxx

I already bought a pram but only because it's worth £800 new and I got it for £150 from someone. It's a travel system too so multi-use, good reasons I keep telling myself. I felt bad afterwards though. Although I bought it with the mind that if I don't need it I can resell it to someone who will. Nope, still feel bad, doh!

I had friends give away their baby clothes
So I've loads vacuum packed for boys, girls and unisex
Even before getting pregnant id bought loads already
When I found out, David spotted a travel system worth about a grand being sold at work, so we got that as so good an offer
All we need is nursery furniture, bedding , some toys and the medicationy type bits in
I'm that sorted
I've even got a moses basket so im already set up for a newborn

I don't see it as jinxing
I've no reason to fear that I can't carry a child to term
If I couldn't, I could foster or adopt
Sorted :)

I've got my 12 week scan Thursday then ill start buyin :) x

I think getting one little token item can give you something real to focus on. I say go for it x

I am so pleased there are a couple of people on here that bought things before they were pregnant. We bought stuff before I was pregnant. I am a Winnie The Pooh fanatic and wanting the Winnie The Pooh nursery range from mothercare. They have lost the rights to make the furniture so I found out 10 weeks ago it was half price £500 rather than £1000 but once the stock was gone that was it they wouldn't be making anymore so after much thought we bought it. It's just sitting in it's boxes in the spare room. We said if we had problems we could always sell it on. However I am 6 weeks and 6 days now so fingers crossed we did the right thing x

I don't see it as jinxing
I've no reason to fear that I can't carry a child to term
If I couldn't, I could foster or adopt
Sorted :)

This this 100% this.

This is exactly where I am at right now, we have been through a lot to get to 13 weeks pregnant, so I've considered a hell of a lot of options, but before my scan we went to a baby show and bought bottles and a carrier (about £150 worth of stuff) and I said to my husband "If something DID go wrong, then we will use it for the next one, or if we ever adopt" :)
I think it's quite a healthy attitude to have.

I agree I've been window shopping loads and its killing me i can't wait till I can shop :) x

I was quite excited about getting the pram and told my manager, she didn't react how I thought and she called me a silly girl. ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back