dying hair?

hayels

Reaction score
is anyone else still getting there hair dyed while pregnant i norm have mine done very blonde and its due to be done next week and not really sure if its safe or not. have googled it and this lots who say fine and lots that say not to x

i had mine done at hairdressers (normally a diy @ home girl :) ) and she said its fine, only reason they warn ya is because sometimes ya skin is dry (i normally have quite greesy skin but since been pregnant its dry) and sometimes it makes ya scalp react different to normal and tingles or stings a little, but is no danger to baby, jus mummys scalp, :bump: so now i know im safe, im going back to a DIY lady

good luck but if you are unsure, ask a hairdresser what they think :wave:

xxx

I've only done mine once so far but that's cos I'm dark so roots don't show but with DD I dyed it blonde throughout her pregnancy and it was fine!! I've heard it doesn't take as well but mine was fine

I just had mine highlited last week. The only problem was that the smell made me feel a bit :puke:.

I need to know the same thing :/ my roots are ginger !! Argh x

There's no reason y u can't have ur hair dyed whilst pregnant,I would recommend a skin test first tho to b on the safe side. ( am a hairdresser btw) xx

iv dyed mine a few times but unfortunbatly my blonde didnt come out the colour it used to so iv had to go red for the duration of pregnancy

I asked the same thing ages ago and have since been. Hairdresser said same, no threat to baby, just that sometimes the colour doesnt take so well etc. Anyway had mine done and all went well xx

As I Miscarried in march, I had the sneeky chance to dye my hair quick, but to be honest I'm dark anyway and I only use a 30 wash non perm home dye anyway to add a warm colour. It stays in my hair for about 3 months!! (Don't know whay it lasts so long on me, I wash my hair nearly every day!)

i dyed mine through 1st pregnancy but this time around i got paranoid as i asked a hairdresser and she said wait until trimester 2, well im near 13 weeks now so im gonna do it at home this week, just keep room well ventalated. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back