Coloring hair while pregnant....

Nikki2003

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's ok to color your hair while you're pregnant? I dyed my hair back to blonde but I need to get it darker like dark brown, or do dark brown with some blond high lights/ chunks.....like I said before my hair is blond so all I'd have to do is buy the dark brown hair dye and my sister would dye it dark brown but she'd put foil on some blond pieces so I wouldn't have to bring blond strikes/chunks thru after dying it dark brown....(I ain't planning on coloring all the time just once so I don't have to put up with having dark roots while I'm pregnant...that would look stupid)!. but any advice would be greatly appreciated.....if no one knows I'll just wait 'til tomorrow and ask the gyno while at my appt.

I have been having my hair highlighted for years and continued to do so through both my pregnancies......however, I went to a professional so she could check it all for me every time.

Good luck

hi, im a hair dresser, there is no reason why you cant have your hair coloured.

i think they only down fall would be that if you have morning sickness, the dyes might make you feel worse coz of the smell.

Ok thanks girls for your reply, and als ofor the advice I really do appreciate it.

I used to do hairdressing too, dont forget that when you buy the brown you need to get one with some red in it, for the pigmentation, if you dont your hair will go green! (unfortanatly i am talking from experience) i had been dying my hair for ages blonde just re-doing my roots and that so when i decided to o back tobrown my hair was that pourus it absorbed it like a sponge and turned it a horrid karci green oh i cried i had to go get a brown with a tinge of red and dye it again, the red wont show up (well shouldnt) just get one that only has a small amount of red in it, good luck babe

Liann and Sweetpea

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back