dying my hair!

hayels

Reaction score
so am 6 weeks today and tomorrow am going hairdressers to get my roots done. have read so much about this online and theres lots of people say yes its fine lots say no dont do it. my own gp says its fine my hairdresser says its fine and that she has done tones of pregnant ladies at this stage. she also has 2 kids and she carried on working with both right up till 38 weeks and she was fine and so were her kids she also carried on doing her own hair. so i have desided that i am going to go get mine done i did think of not going but i have already had 3 mc and i had never had my hair done when i was pregnant with any of these and i still mc. is anyone else going to be carrying on dying there hair ? xx

My hairdresser will only give me highlghts, she said she wont put any colour on that will touch my scalp. I guess theyre all different. x

I personally will carry on dying my hair :)
I don't see the problem with it? It's not like I'm drinking the stuff.
You've been told a lot by 'experienced' people so I'd trust their words and just go ahead with it :)
Try not to worry and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy xxx

I'm not risking it til 12 weeks, I generally do mine at home tho, not sure I could stand all the fumes anyway with the nausea. really hating my hair just now, blonde roots are not a good look so I don't blame you all! Only 5 weeks to grin and bear it! I'm more pissed off about canceling a new tattoo I've got booked, not cancelled it yet incase things don't work out!

My hairdresser said exactly the same as Kays, only colour that doesnt touch scalp, so I've booked in for highlights!! Grey is not a good look for me lol x

I am going to go this weekend, but a did move mine (I had one booked at around 6 weeks), I will do semi-permanent which I have done before, I think with going blonde they do recommend highlights

I'm blonde and i waited to get my highlights done just after 12 weeks :) i'm a worryer and i just felt better waiting a bit longer, highlights are meant to be fine as Kay and Smith have said because they don't touch your scalp. x

I still don't know what to do. My hair really needs a colour, but I'm worried about it.
I feel daft asking my hairdresser, as I don't want people knowing at this early stage.
I have reds not blonde, do you think that makes a difference?

Could you maybe go for red low lights so it's not on your scalp maybe? I've woke up today hating my hair it's now greasy and got really bad roots! Think I'll be tying it back for another few weeks! Got a big family do soon and I'll be about 12 weeks so will try and last til just b4 then!

I got mine done red/brown at the hairdressers when I was very early, well under 12 weeks, and have dyed it at home regularly since then and had no ill effects.

I'm a hairdresser and colouring hair is absolutely fine in pregnancy-I coloured mine and was regularly covered in colour from doin other ppls from day 1. Just make sure skin test is done beforehand to check for allergies (speak to salon for manufacturers guidelines) pregnancy can cause allergies/sensitivities that u previously didn't have. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back