driving me insane

Squeakz

Reaction score
joshua is driving us crazy. Comes to bedtime and he has a massive tantrum for (at the moment we're on 40 minutes) of complete screaming crying howling and wailing. We go in to his room and he's silent closes his eyes and the second we leave its tantrums again! raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Does it happen every night? Do you have a bedtime routine that's the same every night? Does he have a dummy? How old is he? x x x Sorry for all the questions!

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

He has a bed time routine and hes had that since being 3 months old. He has a dummy, which we has clipped to him, every single night without fail. Up to about 3 weeks ago he was perfect - sleep at 6.45 ish every single night and a full night's sleep and a wake up time of 7. Now he has a MASIVE tantrum at bed time and frequently wakes up during the night, has another tantrum and then goes back to sleep..... x

Charley went through a phase of doing this, I just left him to cry. There was nothing wrong with him, it was like he needed extra winding down to get him to sleep.
The phase lasted about 2 weeks though x x

I think I'd do what chaz suggests and just let him cry x if it's too much for you to take could you start going in every minute, then extend it to every two, then three, four, etc?

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

thought you's would say that :) we've been doing it that its more so frustrating....... Chaz it might have only been a week just feels like 3 so id say about 2 weeks for joshua as well!! He starts crying as soon as we start walking upstairs with him. . . hey ho we'll plough through! xx

Haven't got any advice really Hun, is he napping lots in the day so he isn't that tired at bedtime? hope he starts going to bed better for you soon! xx

Squeakz I'm in exactly the same boat. At the end of my tether. Frustratingly, he will go to bed for Daddy no problem!

snap, we only started the crying game on sunday after someone pointed out that he is testing us, day 1 40 mins of crying, day 2 no crying straight to sleep, day 3 30 mins of crying. Its so horrible to have to do it but its also horrible when we have had 3 months of geting up at 3am with a wide awake toddler

My LO isn't having a tantrum, but he won't go to sleep of a night either, naps are fine though. Soon as it's bed time he'll be drifting off then force himself to wake up again and just want to get up and be everywhere, he's too busy! Doesn't help that he can sit up himself now and stand up so he's constantly on the go.

Some nights he sleep better than others, but he is waking alot during the night and morning time appears to be 5am atm. It's killing me!

*sit up himself, meant from laying down. So it's a battle to keep him settled!

Last edited:
I agree with the others - think you just have to let him sort himself out with it.
I've got the opposite - he goes down fine but had started waking up at really varying times - yesterday was 0615 today was 0415 (did feed and go back to sleep today). No idea how to get him to wake up later, hoping he will grow out of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back