Dress for a wedding.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Jayjay027, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Hi girlies.
    I was supposed to be bridesmaid at my brothers wedding in November but since I told them I'm pregnant, I've been sacked lol. So now I need to find a dress that's pretty and classy and will fit my bump!! I know I still have a while to shop but I'm panicking because my outfit was all organised and now it isn't!!
    I'll be 20wks pregnant at the wedding. Anyone any ideas of wtf I can wear? Or where does good maternity dresses? X

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

2. LauraMummyToBe

LauraMummyToBe Well-Known Member

You should try Next they do maternity wear. :) xxx

3. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

One word - maxi. Maxi dresses are brilliant for bumps :)

4. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

Next have lovely ones and also ebay shops do some nice ones xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

5. mrswoody

mrswoody Well-Known Member

Maxi dresses look great over a bump and you could get a lovely little shrug to cover your shoulders.

That's a shame about being sacked! I was 6 months pregnant last year at my friends wedding and a bridesmaid and I was the only one who didn't need my dress altered! x

6. .Ruth.

.Ruth. Well-Known Member

you've been sacked?? at 20 weeks you wont be enormous! aww i think thats mean lol

maxi dress though yes, look lovely on pregnant women :) xx

7. kara2868

kara2868 Well-Known Member

asos do some lovely 'dressy' maternity dresses x

8. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

Asos do lovely maternity stuff, we have a wedding in September and although I won't be that pregnant but I am already showing!! Xx

9. Mrs CW

Mrs CW Well-Known Member

I had my brothers wedding when I was 20weeks and I wore a coast dress. I brought it before I found out I was expecting and I didn't want to send it back as I loved it. I'm very petite and Maxi dresses don't look right on me, this was a knee length. It fitted fine, I think the style helped as it came in just under the bust and the skirt then flowed out. I was amazed it fitted but my bump wasn't that big even though its my second pregnancy (plus its a size 6 which even before I found out I was expecting was a shock that I could fit into it!). I did have a back up Isabella Olivia dress which I got in the sale just incase x

10. Jayjay027

Thanks for all the replies girls. I'm having a look on asos as we speak. I might try to find a non-maternity dress that will fit over bump, I just have absolutely NO idea at all what to wear.
    I'll be spending quite some time online today methinks lol x

11. Jayjay027

Oh, and I don't really want to wear a maxi dress as they are a bit summery x

12. Rachel80

Rachel80 Well-Known Member

Tiffany Rose x

13. Mummybexee

Mummybexee Well-Known Member

OMG I have 2 weddings - one in sept and one in Oct- they are 6/7 weeks apart and I'm flapping about it as I can't buy too early incase I outgrow- stressing isn't the word- and I wouldn't wear the same outfit twice to
    2 functions so close together ! Argh

14. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

This company does the most amazing dresses. It says bridesmaid but obv doesnt have to be. Basically one u can wear 15 ways and accessorise to look different each time. If I had he money id buy as its amazing!!!http://twobirdsbridesmaid.co.uk/collection/classic/

mummy to ds 11/7/11
    pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

15. Gsygal

Gsygal Well-Known Member

Someone on here suggested Seraphine to me and Ibought a gorgeous emerald green maxi dress that is just lush.
    Not the cheapest, but im hoping to be able to wear it post pregnancy too.

16. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

I found an amazing mat dress on eBay for a wedding I went to as a guest at 34 weeks. I would say prob leave it till Oct to get the dress as your body changes a lot and you want something comfy and flattering you should try a line dresses or maybe just go into debenhams or the shops generally you may find a normal stretchy dress or a loose fitting in the next size up does you without any issues of buying maternity specificallyq.
    . I think that's horrible they have sacked you from being a bridesmaid my freind was 6=5 months pregnant by the time my wedding rolled around and a bridesmaid for me I'd never have sacked her when she told me about baby I just had to leave her dress in a bigger size and get it altered if nessacery. You won't be massive at 20 weeks anyway and you are only 4weeks now that is awful for them to have sacked you. I'd be mega annoyed.

17. bbee

bbee Well-Known Member

18. Jayjay027

Thanks so much girls, some great ideas :)
    K8 - I'm not annoyed I understand that it'd be a pain in the ass to get the dress altered. She has it already and it took a while to be ordered in so she didn't want to order a diff size in case it took ages and then didn't do. The dress is simply stunning though so it's gonna be hard seeing someone else wearing it :( x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

19. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

well you are more understanding than i would be, as long as you are ok about it that is the main thing. x

20. katie_lou

katie_lou Well-Known Member

River island have some fab maxi dresses x