dream feed?

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Who does it?

Does it work?

Max usually feeds 9-10 then sleeps so would I do it at 11? Or does he eat too late for one. Can't believe I'm only just finding out about this lol! Xxx

i only do this if alyssa has fell asleep early and disturbs as im trying to put her to bed at 11 ish. if max fed at 9-10 he might not really need feeding yet and so maybe 12 or if he starts going earlier. alyssa used to feed at 11pm and then 3am then 7am but ive only ever dream fed her if she fell asleep at 8-9 and then i took her to bed at 11 and disturbed her

It's didn't work for me when I tried it. Tbh he now wakes around 11 for a feed and never used to so think it made things worse for us. Im sure it works for some though. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We give Dylan a dream feed at around 11.30 and it works really well. He goes to sleep around 7, with his last fed about 6.30, sometimes he wakes before then but if he doesn't we give the dream feed. We struggle to get enough oz into him during the day and he feeds better at night and will usually take a full bottle x

Right ok thanks ladies, if he starts going down earlier ill do the dream feed. Last 2 nights he's gone 9-3 which is amazing compared to normal!!

Xxx

I make AJs last feed around 11pm and just top him up with a dream feed which seems to be working he doesn't take in anywhere as much wind this way and has settled the past few nights for 6-7 hour stretches.

So the 11pm is the dream feed? Or u do it once he's asleep after the 11pm feed? Xxx

Yeah see I feel nervous about doing it incase it all goes hideously wrong and makes it worse!! Xxx

Thing is I go to bed when Bertie does so we are both asleep anyway lol. Also can't do it cos this is when he stops breathing the most and then I stand no chance of going back to sleep again

I can't believe he stops breathing :O when is his heart scan?? Xxx

We have a phone consultation on Tuesday and they'll do a triage assessment then. My OH has filmed it on his phone to show them if necessary. I manage to get him breathing again and then he stops, then starts again. We have one for the milk allergy too. With his jabs on the 7th he's really going to go through it over the next few weeks by the sounds of it :(

I can handle it and stay calmish when he stops breathing, it's his poor little face afterwards cos it frightens him and he starts to cry that breaks my heart :(

Ohhh the poor little thing !! Well done you for staying calm though that's exactly what he needs. Ugh what a horrid week!Good luck with the appts make u sure update us xxx

So the 11pm is the dream feed? Or u do it once he's asleep after the 11pm feed? Xxx

he falls asleep around 10ish so th 11pm is his dream feed as such. I just make sure its ready and give it to him when he starts to stir so hes not awake enough to be crying cos hes hungry. x

We do a dream feed although we do change his nappy to wake him up a bit coz he goes to sleep at abput 7.30 and would wake up in the middle of the night for food he only ever really takes 100ml but it takes him thru to about 5 so gives us a decent nights sleep - ignoring the fact that we wake up every hour at the moment to ressettle him!! Lol!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back