Dreading bedtime again

TORino

Reaction score
Tilly has been a critter all day, she was awake from 1.30am onwards this morning = breakdown by me this afternoon through exhaustion.

She's really unsettled and not feeding properly so I'm not hopeful of a better night tbh

Hope tonight is better for you. Xx

Hope you get some sleep tonight hun, things not looking good here, think its going to be a long night :( xx

Thanks ladies.

Hope you have a better night than you think nurse.

It's so tough all of this. :(

She might just surprise you FX... Evie was evil last night and is already grizzling now so I might see you on here in the early hours! Xxx

I'm with you vicky. Thought we'd got off to a good start Harry was down by 9 in his crib with me in bed and infacol inside him

Awake by 10.15 with tummy pains so still up now after nappy change and a small feed.

I'm with you all

I am so stressed its unreal.

I can't eat it's that bad. And I normally turn to food when stressed.

I have tried 4 times to put her down, 4 times. She keeps crying. I offer her the boob but I think my boobs have given up tbh, the left one is really sore and she pummels it and grabs it and messes about with the nipple. I've offered both boobs this feed despite being told not to do that.

I am beside myself.

I have asked health professionals for advice, called advice lines, taken her to the GP, called the postnatal ward, asked the midwife.

They all tell me this is normal behaviour for a 3 week old and that she is thriving and gaining weight etc.

It can't be normal that she barely sleeps. She is either feeding, asleep or crying, there is no other state. Oh, or being sick. And it's more weighted to crying tbh.

I'm say here is tears cos I don't know what to do with her anymore. I have no energy

Hopefully she'll be so knackered that she will eventually pass out from crying. But don't neglect yourself, you need to eat and drink to keep your own energy up and keep your body healthy. If she won't stop crying, just leave her for 10mins in another room while you get something to eat, as you know there isn't anything wrong with her.

Is there any way your OH could watch her for an hour or so and let you even go to shops or for a walk out house on your own?

Your not alone hun :hugs: I've put harry in his basket 3 times none of which have resulted in sleep. Can you get your oh to take over so you cab have a break and something to eat?

Hope your ok hun, its really tough. Xx

Vicky have pm'd you but just a quick thought have you tried swaddling her before feeding do she can't pumell you etc.

Have done this with Harry couple of tones as he likes to squeeze my booby with his hands xx

Phils taken her out in the car, so she's been awake since 9 when we did her bath. A couple of hours of that time have been spent on boob, the rest have been spent crying.

Just wanted to send you a hug, I think your doing amazing. I had sleepless nights but thankful without the crying so I can't imagine what you are going through :(
I can't remember if you've tried a bottle? There has to be something that comforts her!
What did you find worked when you had those few good nights xxx

Thanks sue.

I don't know what we are doing wrong here. It's like there is nothing coming out of my boobs. She's getting really angry and pummelling them and unlatching herself and then screaming. I don't know what to do!

I'm so tempted to give some formula but then I'll be cross with myself for doing that just so I can get some peace. I don't even know if it will work either.

Torino,

I was in hospital with my wee man for a few days as he had a urine infection, think he had a growth spurt as over a couple of days and he was not going longer than. Half hour off my boobs and at one point fed for 40mins a boob solid one after the other, I was absolutely exhausted (just can't sleep in a hospital, too noisy and getting disturbed with nurses) and began to feel unwell with flu. One of the nurses took him away to settle him and gave him a bottle of formula so I could rest and I slept for 4hours till he was ready for a feed again.

It's totally up to you if you wanted to give tilly formula, but in my case, it didn't do Logan any harm, my milk supply any harm, and it gave me some much needed sleep and if it was necessary, I'd do it again. I actually have two cartons of formula in house just incase I didn't have any expressed milk to hand to give him if I'm in that situation again.

Hope it gets better for you,a crying baby really wears you down

Did the car work my lovely? Hope it did. Feel very worried and upset for you as this whole being a mummy business is really hard work even without a constantly screaming baby! And it isn't nice that you aren't enjoying one another like you should be in these early stages.

Have you tried having a quick express with a pump just to check your supply? Literally a minute or so each side? When we had our week of breast feeding hell in the 1st week MW suggested this as a good way of pulling my nips out into a good position and getting the flow going ready for baby. You've probably had all this advice already but just trying to rack my brains for anything! You are doing a fantastic job, just remember that. Big hugs. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back