Dr browns bottles

Hunnie

Reaction score
Sophie had a really bad night last night with her belly ache, the only place she would stop screaming was in the bath!
Anyway I've bought one doctor browns bottle today to try and was wondering before I use it how effective are they?

I dont think I can face another night like last night!

iv found them quite good but to begin with made the mistake of using them with avent and tommee tippee ones. you need to use them exclusively for them to be at their most effective xx

I'm thinking of getting a few of these bad boys tomorrow. Has anyone got the avent bottle steriliser? Just wondering if they'll fit in it.

Thanks x

no iv got the tommee tippee one laura and they are only just fitting the lids in there xx

It does fit in my tomme tippee steriliser but only just. I'll just have to keep rewashing and sterilising it tonight. I don't mind staying up a bit longer as long as she's settled and not screaming the place down :(

How soon did you see the difference? If it works tonight I'll go get some more tomorrow. I was thinking I'd have to get some bigger bottles at some point anyway and they're all 8oz.

Just used the bottle and I'm so far impressed! Shes settled so well afterwards and seems a lot more content :). I'll see how the rest of the night goes before I'm completely sold by them.

I'm sold on these. They sound fab! How do you sterilise if they don't fit?xx

You can get sterilising tablets and do it that way? I'll measure the length of the bottle if you want olive and you can see if it would fit in your steriliser?

I'm thinking of getting a few of these bad boys tomorrow. Has anyone got the avent bottle steriliser? Just wondering if they'll fit in it.

Thanks x

I have the avent microwave steam steriliser, the wee round one, and three fitted in, lids and all. So I'd do three, make bottles, then sterilise another three. So I'd always have a rotation going on ;) x

Glad their working for you, he still gets a bit of trapped wind but iv seen an improvement, even the way they suck sounds better xx

She doesn't sound like she's gulping half as much as what she was doing. I really hope they continue to impress me further tonight!

She doesn't sound like she's gulping half as much as what she was doing. I really hope they continue to impress me further tonight!

The bad thing about them is that they leak a lot so beware girls, I don't shake them either, I stir them as they kind of leak xx

Yes they are a nightmare for leaking! At one point I was intending to boot Dr Brown in the boolers (if it was a guy) cos they leaked all over my LO and I when I was feeding her! But on the plus side they are fantastic for colic ;) x

Yes they are a nightmare for leaking! At one point I was intending to boot Dr Brown in the boolers (if it was a guy) cos they leaked all over my LO and I when I was feeding her! But on the plus side they are fantastic for colic ;) x

I said in another thread the other day, I met friends and had a bottle for when LO woke up. Got it out and the whole thing had leaked into the changing bag :roll: screaming baby until we got home :( xxx

The bad thing about them is that they leak a lot so beware girls, I don't shake them either, I stir them as they kind of leak xx

Did I mention they leak ;) baby brain lol xx

Last edited:
I did notice that it leaked when I first filled it with water but it hasn't done since then? Do they leak more as they age or is it from the start? X

Well verdict is that I think they are absolutely amazing and I have one happy wind free baby! She's slept a lot better and there's been a lot less wriggling and whining. It can't be nice having belly ache, I'm glad I've found something that for the time being helps her out a bit.

Haven't stopped using the infacol though as I'm too scared to risk it lol x

Yeah keep using the Infacol, it's sooo not worth the risk lol xx

No way Pos! Aww that was sucky! It drove me nuts. x

Hunnie it's just random leakage I found. It was like pressure built up in the bottle and then exploded lol But it always seemed to blooming happen when I had somewhere to go and it would leak over my clothes and LOs lovely outfit. But I would use them again if needed.

At 5 months I bought Nuby bottles cos LO was out of the colic stage and the Dr Browns can be fiddly to sterilise. Now I've the Nuby bottles washed and sterilised in half the time cos there's less to them iykwim. x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back