Dr browns bottles

Yep I think it is the pressure because it only does it when I add boiling water and seal up. Not had any major disasters yet but I'm making sure I keep it upright in the bag when I go out anywhere!

We used one tonight. I put the milk in another bottle, shook it up and then added iykwim to save the stirring. Maybe dif tho as was cool. B not fussed about warm milk.

X

I've not had it do it to me with anything warm it just seems to be when it's boiling hot water.

How've you found the bottle with brody olive? X

My LO had reflux and seems to get lot of wind. We use TT with a slow flow teat. Tried Dr brown Bbut even with the level one teat he spits out a huge amount while drinking...seems to be toofast for him as he starts coughing as well. I dont get it as they are supposed to be one of the slowest teats around. He is 8 weeks old and loves his food... Takes no time to finish a bottle.

I think Sophie manages to get the milk out quite quickly as she's been sick a couple of times. I've just slowed down her feeding and it seems to have worked

We only tried it once, but seemed ok. Had TT last night and this morn. I've sterilised the DB ones again and will try them today without TT.

Is there dif teat sizes for them? I looked on box but it didn't say anything about teat so assumed was one size.

Xx

There are different sized teats but the box is unclear. I assume it's the youngest in the box, iv seen 3m+ and 6m+ in the shops too xx

bottles are fantastic! I had an avent steriliser too - I took the bottles all apart but couldn't get them all in, I eventually resorted to buying a Dr Brown steriliser too - prob a waste of money as getting all the bits and bobs in there too was a bit of a squeeze!

I can fill my tt steriliser with the db bottles but all the little pieces I just kind of shove on top of each other in the middle. Im sure they still get sterilised all the same even if theyre all squashed in???

I swear by Dr Brown's bottles! We too had leaking issues but, as Hunnie said, it's usually when boiling water is used. I actually found that they leaked the most when, after the water had been in the fridge, I was reheating them in a jug of hot water. Not sure why.

My LO takes them at room temp now so we don't have the leaking problem anymore. When transporting them in a changing bag it's best to buy the caps/lids that go with them - they are a lot stronger.

Over here in Australia (not sure if different over there), the teats range from Level 1 to Level 3. My LO is almost 6 months so we've just started the Level 3.

I have used both the Avent steriliser and the Dr Brown's one and they are both great in terms of size for these bottles...oh yeah, we use the 'wide neck' ones too. I haven't tried the 'Standard neck'

Good luck with them!

I find these bottles amazing...I was using tt and my LO would take an hour to drink a bottle sometimes 1.5hrs then would be sick alot....at 2months I changed to Dr Browns.....she takes between 20-30 mins to drink her bottle now and sleeps from 8.30/9pm to 7/7.30am. She wouldnt drink anymore than 4oz but is now on 7oz. I made the mistake of shaking the bottle 1st time and it went everywhere....I just twirl it round but majority of the time I use readymade formula and I just take sterilized bottles out with me and take cartons. Ive got a tt sterilizer and 4 bottles fit in.....bottles/blue tube and attatchment in the bottom and lids and teats in the top. Im using level 2 teats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back