Dr Browns with different teats?

laracomps

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?

Reason I am asking is... Phoebe is on Easy Digest milk which is a lot thicker than normal milk, so we have to use faster teats than she should be on.

Up until now we have been using size 2, but she is now falling asleep mid bottle when I'm sure she isn't finished.

So, I have now tried both the Y-cut and size 3. She will drink the milk fine, in fact she guzzles it. Its becoming a problem as she seems to get really windy, even with the Dr Browns bottles :wall: :wall:

So has anyone used any other teats with Dr Browns? And does anyone know of a teat which is half way between size 2 and 3 in terms of speed?

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers me dears!

I'm not too much help hun except we had the same problem with level 1 TT bottles. On HV's advice we put her on level 2 at about 10 weeks but she would guzzle her evening feed. Dr Brown bottles seem to have a slower flow over all so we used level 2 Dr Brown and then a couple of weeks ago she settled back onto the TT level 2. I've not had much success with variflow teats either.

Do you have any different bottles you could try? Because the TT level 2 is a faster flow than the DB level 2 so might be a happy medium?

Sorry if that wasn't much help! :hug:

No that does help thanks! :hug:

We have tonnes of TT bottles that we just put in the loft. OH is gonna love me lol

Will have to buy a pack of number 2 teats to see how she goes, poor little thing has just been crying with wind. Almost like the colic days :wall:

yep! up until just after 4 months old i used the dr brown bottles. the teat it came with was too slow at around 9 weeks but the next teat was not recommended til 3 months although he clearly needed a faster teat. so i brought asda own medium flow teats and used them in the dr brown bottles until he was over his colic stage. now i just use avent bottles and teats.

Cheers everyone. We are now back on tommee tippee bottles with size 2 :cheer: :cheer:

We only had 4 big ones, so gave me an excuse to get her 2 pink ones today :dance:

It makes me think that the whole windy problem was caused by the TT teats being too fast rather than the bottles in the first place. Shame they don't do a really slow one - the Dr Browns ones were great for that.

:hug:

Glad you're sorted but just wanted to add we've always used Dr Browns bottles with no3 Avent teats with no problems. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back