Double buggy?

Urchin

Reaction score
I take it I'll need a double buggy as Brody will be 2 1/2 when baby comes along.

What have other people done with this age gap?

Do they do one where the car seat clips in too?

I got a double stroller, side by side from ebay. It was listed as a double jogging stroller and there are loads of them. it wouldnt fit in the car (except dh's estate) and it was good for the occcasional long walk. It was only £110 including postage. The thing recently was that joe wont leave Jessica alone and it caused a bit of tension. Im selling it now.

If money wasnt an option I would have went fora Jane Powertwin stroller. It has the clip on car seat option.

Hope this helps,

Laura.

Urchin said:
I take it I'll need a double buggy as Brody will be 2 1/2 when baby comes along.

i don't think you'll need a double buggy. By that time brody will be walking most fo the time. Id get a buggy board. Ive never had one but they are supposedly very good.

The buggy boards are good but what if he needs to sleep or something? :?

My old style M&P pram has a built in buggy board, it's great, but I'm undecided if I should get one that Brody can sleep in too.

budge said:
Urchin said:

i don't think you'll need a double buggy. By that time brody will be walking most fo the time. Id get a buggy board. Ive never had one but they are supposedly very good.

From my experience, Jessica wouldnt walk any distance and wouldnt entaertain a buggy board but in saying that she never went for a sleep in the double buggy. At 3 years old though she will walk and im thinking of the buggy board again. I got a litaf one at the time and she wouldnt go on it.

its up to you. i suppose he might want to sleep. thats a good point bless him.
I have a double buggy for sale urchin.

you could come and collect in person. Then i can meet you. :wave: :wave:

no, buy mine first, I will throw in a free lunch.

here it is

its not the same colur as this one. Its blue and white check.

doublebuggy.jpg

the seat comes off when not needed! i had it for my first to. My oldest was only 15 months old when second came a long. So i needed it.

lauramumof2 said:
no, buy mine first, I will throw in a free lunch.

oooooooo you cheeky thing you! :rotfl: ill throw in lunch and a child! :D

Would you not consider slinging the baby?? Seren will be 2 years and 2 months and I really don't want to buy a double buggy, just not a fan so whilst she is still of the age where she likes to go in the buggy at times I will have my sling on me so I can carry baby. When baby gets too old for carrying then I will get a buggy board as she will be old enough for that. Just an idea??

I had the coorie sling with Joe in it and pushed jess in the buggy, it was good for the first few weeks and even months then he got bigger but was kinda big to start with. Im not very big (tall) though,

I tried them all and spent a fortune, cant really say what was best.

beanie said:
Would you not consider slinging the baby?? Seren will be 2 years and 2 months and I really don't want to buy a double buggy, just not a fan so whilst she is still of the age where she likes to go in the buggy at times I will have my sling on me so I can carry baby. When baby gets too old for carrying then I will get a buggy board as she will be old enough for that. Just an idea??

Thats a great idea, I only ever tried an old fashioned carrier thing and it killed my back with Mason so I hardly used it.

The only other "problem" I had with slinging is eg for the school run, when I drive, I park close to the the school and just jump out, put Brody in the buggy (cos I have to cross the road and he runs off LOL) and dash to the school, get Mason and get straight back in the car. The only slings I've ever used are a right faff to put on and take off, I need something I can do in 1 minute. Is there anything thats that quick? Also, how long are they comfortable for? If I walk to school I can be out a good 30-40 mins, will my back be dead by then?

I do definitely intend to get a sling this time and use it as often as I can, but I can see certain situations where it wouldn't be the most practical option for me. :(

Urchin said:
beanie said:

Thats a great idea, I only ever tried an old fashioned carrier thing and it killed my back with Mason so I hardly used it.

The only other "problem" I had with slinging is eg for the school run, when I drive, I park close to the the school and just jump out, put Brody in the buggy (cos I have to cross the road and he runs off LOL) and dash to the school, get Mason and get straight back in the car. The only slings I've ever used are a right faff to put on and take off, I need something I can do in 1 minute. Is there anything thats that quick? Also, how long are they comfortable for? If I walk to school I can be out a good 30-40 mins, will my back be dead by then?

I do definitely intend to get a sling this time and use it as often as I can, but I can see certain situations where it wouldn't be the most practical option for me. :(

I had one of the carriers, a othercare one and I hated it. So fiddly to put on and take off and it was a nightmare. I can put the meitei on in a minute, takes me longer to pout Seren in the buggy, and a pouch cling would be the same. I'll lend you mine and you can practice (I'll lend you my newborn too ;))

You can just pop the corrie on and then pop the baby in.

Whats the other one you are talkig about Beanie, would that be suitable for a hefty 1 year old boy

My meitei, this is me carrying Seren at 11 months and she was comfy to carry. I have had to stop carrying her now though as I have been having probs with my back and pelvis already grrrr

IMGP1638.jpg

I look like poo but I don't have many pics of me carrying her so this will have to do

Urchin said:
beanie said:

slinging a baby with a toddler is all said and done in theory. But in reality its not practical. You need full mobility when you have a toddler to chase after - to tie shoe laces, perhaps run after etc.

Urchin said:
beanie said:

slinging a baby with a toddler is all said and done in theory. But in reality its not practical. You need full mobility when you have a toddler to chase after - to tie shoe laces, perhaps run after etc.

beanie said:
My meitei, this is me carrying Seren at 11 months and she was comfy to carry. I have had to stop carrying her now though as I have been having probs with my back and pelvis already grrrr

IMGP1638.jpg

I look like poo but I don't have many pics of me carrying her so this will have to do

sorry to high jack urchin lol. but beanie where did u get ur carrier from? coz jack isnt really a fan of his buggie and hes getting rather heavy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back