Double buggy help

i am about to buy a new double buggy

best advice i can give is dont get a very light buggy with little wheels

i have this
buggy1.jpg

and i hate it. its the lightest double on the market and one of the thinest. every time i turn a courner feels like its going to fall part, it only has 4 wheels and bows in the middle. and you can really feel the difference with different weights. i wouldnt recomend it to any one.

i think for practical this is the best i have tryed
pc00031.jpg

this is it from the front its good because the baby at the back is high up so still gets to see every thing and not just the back of the other babies head. its not going to make a difference if the baby in front wants to get out and walk. where as with the side by side its really hard with 1 baby
and it lays well flat for the baby at the back
BPC10009_MED1.jpg

and its the same size as a single buggy and folds the same size as a normal stroller but i dont think its that nice to look at

i think these are horrible. they are so long like a bus :lol: and is soooo hard to left up curbs
gem010_big1.jpg

but the best side by side i would say one with big air wheels as it will be loads easier to steer

dont like this though as the front wheel dont turn which would be hassel
out3ff_l1.jpg

i like the look of this though
e842_11.jpg

so for me its eaither that 3 wheeler above or the marco tandem

Dionne you should start your own buggy advice service :lol: you are definately the authority on them :D

xxxxxxxxxxx

wow thanks dionne hehe

I really want one with the little seat up higher. can you let me know what you two you have posted are so i can search them.

Thanks xxxx

Thanks xx ...The only thing i wonder about these ones is.... will ellis still be napping in the buggy at 14ish months cos the front seat doesnt recline does it.

But these buggys seem the only choice for me cos i am on and off buses all day!!! Stupid women should have learnt to drive when i was young and had lots of spare money!! :evil:

no it dont lay back.

Dior stopped Napping in her buggy from 12 months but alot of babies still nap in buggies at 2. its depends on the child Dior is to nosey when we are out to sleep.
i have a quinny that dont lay back and Dior has been in that since 10months and fine

read this loads of people have given their review of it
http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/ ... .asp?id=46

im going to our local market tody they sell brandnew buggies pretty cheap. so i am going tin a bit to get a new double buggy :cheer:

wow Dionne thanks for the info
Im sure your a secret pushchair manifacturer! lol

So do you think the one i like will be no good? I'd like to go see one but dont know anywhere round here that stock them...

the one you like looks great i really really like it.
but ild find out the width from wheel to wheel.

the buggy i have mamas and papas win is the thinnest on the market. it fits through a single door and every shop i go in it always just fits 1mm each side if that!!!! the one you like i really like but i have foiund that them kind are always wider.
you drive dont you? as im sure that one wouldnt get on a bus.

but with the big air weels and suspension it will be lovely to push.

but alot of them always say "fits through a standard door" and often they dont

right after looking at loads of buggys try8ing loads. i have fell in love with "out n about twin nipper 360"
it is a dream to push. lays well flat for a new born is very very light folds down good.

it looks big and bulky to look at untill i measured it it is the thinnest side by side you can get!!

i love it. it feels the same as pushing a single buggy

but i well cant afford £300 i have looked on ebay but hardly any :( i think they are well liked

if any one is going to have a look make sure it is the 360 (the front heel turns)

duds have you found out how wide the buggy is you were looking at? i am supprised how many places say they are thin and fir through doors when they dont.

here is reviews on the one i like
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Out_n_About_Nippe ... ew_5630788

nipperdouble360_red1.jpg

ahh thanks for helping me out Dionne, really appreciate it.
I like the look of that, its very nice...
The one i liked is 75cm wide, do you think that would fit through doors? I do drive btw so as long as it fits in a car boot!

This is sooooo helpful!! I was looking at the phil & teds, does anyone know anything about these? I'm not sure I can handle a double pushchair......I have enough trouble with a single!!!!!!!

Hi duds, yeah 75 is small thats a good size will get through new single doors. like in my house it would fit through a single door as new all houses and hops have to have doors that fit wheelchairs. old houses have small doors still though

Katysmummy - i have never tryed pushing the phil and teds i dont like it i hate the fact no one can seen the new born, ild like to show it off :lol:

and i think once the chair goes underneth i dont think its fair when it rains. all the water would splash up to the child, and being so low to all the dust.

and i have also heard loads of safty problems with them. the child underneth can touch the wheels, and put their fingers in the spokes :shock:
but it does look practical

:shock: Bloody hell!! Looks like its back to the drawing board then!!

Thanks for the warning Dionne :hug:

KatysMummy said:
:shock: Bloody hell!! Looks like its back to the drawing board then!!

Thanks for the warning Dionne :hug:

Hi Katysmummy (congrats BTW on bubs no 2!)
I liked the phil and teds also & have had a push of it & its lovely but have to admit after thinking about it thought it wasnt very nice for the baby underneath to have nothing to see, i know even when Aimee was tiny she liked to look around, also im not sure how you get the baby out without taking the other child out also.... :think:

Sarah&Braydon said:
it depends how old the kid is that will be in that seat hun

apperently the phil n ted are a bit dangerous so just be weary

omg y ?

dionne said:
i think for practical this is the best i have tryed
pc00031.jpg

this is it from the front its good because the baby at the back is high up so still gets to see every thing and not just the back of the other babies head. its not going to make a difference if the baby in front wants to get out and walk. where as with the side by side its really hard with 1 baby
and it lays well flat for the baby at the back

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

omg i had the same - was sooo relieved when it sold lets just say that ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27