Double buggy?

budge said:
Urchin said:
beanie said:
Would you not consider slinging the baby?? Seren will be 2 years and 2 months and I really don't want to buy a double buggy, just not a fan so whilst she is still of the age where she likes to go in the buggy at times I will have my sling on me so I can carry baby. When baby gets too old for carrying then I will get a buggy board as she will be old enough for that. Just an idea??

Thats a great idea, I only ever tried an old fashioned carrier thing and it killed my back with Mason so I hardly used it.

The only other "problem" I had with slinging is eg for the school run, when I drive, I park close to the the school and just jump out, put Brody in the buggy (cos I have to cross the road and he runs off LOL) and dash to the school, get Mason and get straight back in the car. The only slings I've ever used are a right faff to put on and take off, I need something I can do in 1 minute. Is there anything thats that quick? Also, how long are they comfortable for? If I walk to school I can be out a good 30-40 mins, will my back be dead by then?

I do definitely intend to get a sling this time and use it as often as I can, but I can see certain situations where it wouldn't be the most practical option for me. :(

slinging a baby with a toddler is all said and done in theory. But in reality its not practical. You need full mobility when you have a toddler to chase after - to tie shoe laces, perhaps run after etc.

tbh I can't see any difference between running after a toddler with a baby in a sling and running after a toddler pushing a double buggy, in fact it would be easier to grab seren without having to think about letting go of the buggy etc. As for the bending down etc, Seren was always really secure in her mei tei and I was able to do all sorts carrying her, the housework, putting on my own shoes etc so I think I'll be fine :) Plus it will only be for the first few months whilst Seren is still needing to go in the buggy.

Clare and Jack - its from www.babyhawk.com

I have a premax baby carrier and it is so simple to use, you literally put it over your head stick your arm thru and pop baby in, takes seconds and freya loves it, i also do not find it restrictive http://www.bebemac.co.uk/products.php?C ... D=&P_ID=39, or a phil and teds, wish they had these when i had a double buggy they look fab, http://www.kiddicare.com/_buggies/phil- ... -buggy.htm have seen loads of these and by the time baby will want to be looking around, Brody probably wont be needing the buggy that much so you could use the extra seat as a large shopping basket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back