BABY BEETS FETAL DOPPLER - PRODUCT WARNING

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Just been reading this in the Metro

Pregnant women are being warned to stop using a device which monitors their baby's heartbeat amid fears it could be dangerous. Mother and unborn child may be exposed to a health risk 'in respect of energy emitted' from the Baby Beets Fetal Doppler, a watchdog said yesterday. So far, 113 monitors, incorrectly said to have the CE safety mark. have been seized by the Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.

OMG thanks for that piece of info its amazing what you find out on here!

scary stuff perhaps a mod should make this a sticky in allthe tri sections

:shock: I was looking at getting a doppler, but sod it now. I lay down with my laptop on my belly do you think it might be dangerous? (i'm being serious)

xxx

I don't know about the laptop per-say, but I do worry about the Wi-Fi, seeing as there have ben concerns about mobiles etc...

I used to lie down with laptop on my belly- then I got paranoid and put a pillow underneath- now I don't do it at all and just put it on edge of sofa. I don't know if it has any harmful effects but I did read once that it can affect mens fertility so this makes me a bit wary...could just be scaremongering but they don't really know the effects all this technology is going to have so beter to be safe...

This is only one make/model of Doppler that has been found to be faulty as I understand it.

Other Dopplers are not in question and until we are informed otherwise, I would take it as safe to use.

FWIW these recalled ones it appears are cheap Chinese imports and one piece I read about them said the following

Please note that this recalled product the Baby Beets has absolutely nothing to do with the medical registered British company Baby Beats Ltd and nor does the product have anything to do with the medically certified and registered fetal dopplers Baby Beats or Baby Pulse.

We have been telling the authorities about these Chinese imports for years, some even have CE marks which relate to transistor radios and not medical dopplers, finally everyone seems to be waking up.

This link has info and pictures of the Doppler being recalled

handbagqueen said:
I used to lie down with laptop on my belly- then I got paranoid and put a pillow underneath- now I don't do it at all and just put it on edge of sofa. I don't know if it has any harmful effects but I did read once that it can affect mens fertility so this makes me a bit wary...could just be scaremongering but they don't really know the effects all this technoogy is going to have so beter to be safe...

:shock: I'm going to stop it, you never know.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back