Doppler and position of baby

purple_pianos

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my doppler arrive today and we managed to find the heartbeat, took a fair while but it was our first time (and I'm only 14 weeks!). It was amazing to hear and reassuring as I worry all the time about losing the baby (yes, even now when I'm in tri 2..)

A couple of questions though...

1. My stomach hurts a little where we found baby and listened.. can you hurt baby pushing too hard? Is it normal to be a little sore? Have we done something wrong?

2. Baby was really really low down still. When does the womb start moving up does anyone know?

Thanks for any advice!
purple_pianosxxx

I still find mine fairly low down too but I can't say it hurts or is tender. Sometimes I can feel pressure if i need to push a little bit harder to hear it - but it's not forced, normally angleing it against my skin to the side can made a difference.

My OH seems to be the pro at getting it strong & powerful so I let him do it, I feel like a failure when I do as its hopeless lol

There's a particular spot on my tummy where if I press, my baby usually kicks back. I've found that if I press too much, it gets sore there. If I pressed that much on my arm the way I do on my tummy, I don't think it would ever get sore! It just seems that my tummy is particularly sensitive right now. I doubt you have or will hurt your baby with the doppler. Midwives prod and poke much harder! :) It will get easier to find the heartbeat in the next few weeks so then you won't feel like you have to press so hard.

According to all the pregnancy websites I read every week, by week 16 the top of your uterus should be half way between your pubis and your belly button, so I'd say that you're hearing your baby in just the right place for 14 weeks :)

Mines low on my left side.. When i was in 2nd tri MW and i would always find it on the right side eiter below or just abor belly button.
Ud never really hear it to high unless baby was breech hun.

So low is good :) x

As Juice said, the position is about normal for 14 weeks. I always found my bubs about 2-2.5 inches below my belly button and to the left at that stage. Now baby is a lot bigger I find it harder believe it or not lol. Was trying to show my mum the doppler and let her listen last night and bubs was wriggling around kicking me saying "bugger off Mummy I want to sleep!" Haha x

Last edited:
My kicks are sometimes really low right on my public bone. If baby has bum sticking right out it feels a little tender if I feel it x

My baby is quite low down still & on the right side.
When its awake and active i can here it kicking and punching the doppler & wriggling about! its lovely.
I find that my tummy where the baby is, is quite sensitive feels a little bruised if i push there a little too long :)
So all sounds normal to me :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back