Doppler

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by First Baby White, Jan 7, 2008.

1. First Baby White

First Baby White Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I am one day away from joining you and i just had a quick question. I started using a doppler last week and picked the heartbeat up twice and I have tried to use it tonight and cant find it.
    Is it normal to find it somedays and not others and when does it get easier to find the baby?
    There was no instructions withe the doppler so I am clueless.
    Thanks for any info you can give!!

2. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome over!

Don't worry if u can't find it al the time - the baby moves about and sometimes might be hiding :lol:

I couldn't find the heartbeat all the time when I was at your stage - just relax and try again later on

3. Suzie and Faith

Suzie and Faith Well-Known Member

the doppler instructions i read said it was best used between 21 and 28 weeks and the midwife reckoned 14 weeks was the best time for her to let us hear the heartbeat - and then she said dont panic if she has trouble findining it - when the baby is small is has lots of places to hide!!

i want a doppler, because i like to be reassured, anyone else regualrly use one?

4. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

I use mine quite a lot - normally when I am going to my mums as she ALWAYS texts me to bring it :lol:

My mum bought me it - it wasn't something I was bothered about but now I have it I love it.

I can quite happily lie and listen to the heartbeat

5. Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

Try using plenty of gel and the baby is probaly still quite low down. I wouldnt worry as they moving all the time as they are that much smaller. Just try again later.

6. sarafet

sarafet Well-Known Member

i use mines every few days, it's great :lol:

everytime i do it now, baby moves away hahaha, i don't think he/she likes being prodded :rotfl: so we have a chase around my belly :roll:

because my placenta's at the front, you can hear it really easily, like lots of whooshy noises, really strange :shock:

7. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I started using my doppler around 13 weeks I think. The first couple weeks it took me a while each time to find the heartbeat and it was very easy to lose it. Try not to panic! :hug: :hug:

8. JP

JP Well-Known Member

I remember when we first got a doppler. Andrea spent nearly an entire day to find babys HB and got some bruises for her trouble.

Baby has so much room at the moment, so if it takes a while don't worry.

Out of curiosity, what doppler do you have ?

JP