thank god for the doppler..........

Lynds77

Reaction score
had another "moment" last night.

I had abit of a shitty stressy day in court yesterday, had felt baby moving in the morning, and then at 9pm last night realised i hadnt felt baby since.
For a few weeks now, baby has been like clockwork at 8.30pm at its most active wriggling and kicking away.

so I waited until 9.30pm, all the time looking at my husband thinking "our baby is dead" and trying not to cry. I was terrified of getting the doppler out in case we couldnt find the heart beat.

hubby had a good poke and feel but couldnt feel anything. I could tell he was trying not to panic. Had a cold drink, nothing.

so got the doppler out, and bang straight away there was the heartbeat! I LOVE MY DOPPLER! I thought i was ready to get rid of it, but oh no. I will be holding onto it in case baby does this to us again.

baby kicked for a little bit after the doppler, and felt a few light wriggles this morning, but it seems to be having a quieter day again today.

next midwife appointment is next week, so will be asking for sure if babies have quiet days and why!!

So glad all is well! Why are babies such trouble makers... makes me wonder what they're all going to be like once theyre out lol

Dopplers are a life saver aren't they :) Last week I realised I hadn't felt the baby move for about a day and a half and was terrified to get the doppler out then had a horrible 30 seconds where I just couldn't find it then there it was. Think I just hadn't sat quietly enough at the right times of day to be properly paying attention.

Aww next time drink a really icy drink, that will get him going! :)

xx

One word - stress!!

You said it yourself you'd had a really stressful day. Therefore so did your baby.

I had reduced movement for a fortnight and I was in and out of hospital, bubs was perfectly healthy. The docs suggested it was down to stress at work. I'm off on mat leave now and bubs is back to being a wriggly little bugger again. I totally think that stress causes the baby to curl up in a ball and say go away world! Poor wee lamb won't have a clue why he/she feels that way, but with the stressiness in your body, they'll know something is up.

Chill out, relax, breathe. Baby will do the same xx

yep, still in my jammies lying on the sofa watching daytime telly! plan to do very little today apart from read my fifty shades.............x

yep, still in my jammies lying on the sofa watching daytime telly! plan to do very little today apart from read my fifty shades.............x

Sounds like a good plan! Off topic, but are those books any good? x

erm, are they good. No not really to be honest!!! the first one was a page turner, you did want to know what happened next, but you could tell the author was a novice. Its not very well written and she repeats a lot. Like the organsm is described the same practically every time, and everyone seems to "murmur" to each other instead of talk.

I am halfway through the 2nd one, and so far its very repetitive and I am getting a little bored. Everyone is still murmering to each other and every orgasm is earth shattering breaking her into a thousand pieces. But i have been assured its about to get a whole lot better..........

they are easy reads, but not very intelligent. Defo aimed at the Twilight audience........... which is what they are almost copied from, only racier.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I must say twilight were a guilty pleasure for me in that page turner sort of way. Might give them a go at some point! Hopefully this doesn't come out wrong or offensive sounding - but if I get much more tired in the next few months they could be perfect if they aren't too complex lol.
Thanks for the honest review though :D I've heard so much positive stuff about them I kind of doubted it, not a fan of things that are over hyped generally as I expect too much lol
x

Last edited:
they are perfect for when you are tired. Nothing complicated in them at all and not much brain power required to follow the story line. So they do serve a purpose! Very easy reading and if it wasnt for the BDSM content i would have said they were aimed at teenagers.........

but i am on the 2nd book, and have already bought the 3rd because overall the story is interesting and i would like to see what happens. I just wish someone else with more experience had written it...........

I love my Doppler too... I'm 36weeks tomorrow :) and still use it the odd time. They defo do have quieter days, and maybe not as strong movements, but that wee sound is just sooooo reassuring!!!!
I'll be keeping mine for my next pregnancy if I'm lucky enough :) xxx

I had this last week baby hadnt moved all day i was in a right state in tears and he didnt move much a few days before either, i tried everything from music to dancing to even moving him with my hand.... Nothing, no kicks, no movement. This lasted a few hours, my batterys had run out on my doppler so made oh go out and get some, heard the heartbeat as soon as i put it on my tummy, i dont know what i would of done with out it xx

Lynds I was exactly the same after my day in the HC! Barely any movement.

They also went quiet after the dentist saga ... like Leesey said, I think its stress

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back