Don't want him to grow up

PinkPunch

Reaction score
This is going to sound so daft but I must have been in a tearful mood today. I was watching DS sleep (who is only 3 weeks old) and I actually had a bit of a cry thinking he'll grow up and get married someday and will have his own children and I'll be all old and he won't need me anymore!!

Not daft at all and I totally agree. My boys are 12 weeks old today and thats exactly what I was thinking today when they were curled up sleeping together:)

Haha, I know how you're feeling - I cried today because we moved Linzie into "first size" sleepsuits instead of "tiny baby" ones, and I wanted to know where my tiny baby had gone!

I know exactly what you mean about not being needed anymore!

Anyone else appreciate their MIL since having a boy?

It does make you understand how they feel. Even though they are grown men, they are still someones baby boy. I don't feel the same way with DD because I think she'll stay close to me but boys are different. I hope I won't be a horrible mil who thinks no one is good enough for him lol

They'll always need you, trust me. My oldest is almost 15 and as much as he likes to think he's mature and independant he still comes to me wanting advice and reassurance. As they get older sure it's saddening that your not needed as much but the feeling of pride watching them grow into handsome young men is immense and makes up for it!

YES! I have made sure OH calls her a lot more and keeps her involved in things. Before I didn't even give it a second thought.

Omg totally understand this! I get soo upset looking at Aiden and thinking he won't be like this forget and ge won't need me anymore! It really scares ne because he's my world and I feel even though he's going to grow up I'm just going to miss him soooo much!! I want him to stay like this forever my little baby boy!! I dread going outband leaving him and going back to work because I dont want to miss a second of his life because he's growing so fast, sorry I'm rambling but totally identify with this! Also agree my MIL drives me mad at times but def have a new understanding of her xx

Sorry my phone changes words hope you can understand my msg? X

PP, I don't like it when Devon grows !! He is in 0-3 months grows now and out of newborn, and some of the current ones are getting really tight!! I keep the special ones , my favs in a special box for when he is older. I did this with all my kids and I think Devons will be huge when ~I've finished!!

Remember to keep a few newborn nappies in the box, only did this with my daughter and regret not remembering with the others, so cute to look back at a tiny nappy

I have 3 boys and so really worry about the MIL thing for when they are older! Thank goodness I have my daughter who is on my wavelength at the mo!, hope she is better with contact like myself and my sister are with my mum. My brother is terrible and his new wife is shocking and barely gives my mum a look in....

my little charlie is a week away from being nine months old I want to cry he is such big boy now where has my little one gone? He even trys to feed him self now whats next *sniffs*

my eldest will be legally allowed to leave home in 5 years time and my dh reminded me of this last night and i almost wanted to smack him in th mouth for even saying it :( why do they have to grow up and leave :(

not daft as i used to think that about my little princess, that was untill she turned 3 lol,she is now 3 going on 16 and been replaced with a devil child as she never had terrible twos.

still wouldnt change her for the world

Its amazing how quickly they grow up. When you first bring baby home from hospital you think, omg im gonna have a baby now for the rest of my life. My little girl stopped doing all things baby like at age 3, she ate by herself, went to toilet by herself, no more buggy ect...it was heartbreaking, its even harder when they start school, mines started last summer, i've never been so upset in my life.

Its so easy to get carried away with day to day life, and wish the days away.

Enjoy every minute
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back