My day at baby clinic (another set back)

Ended up at OOH Doctors last night as Damien was being unlike his normal self and sick alot.
The doctor thinks he has a bit of a cold, but also that he has reflux which is why he is always sick dispite the winding, infacol, etc. This means regular meds for him :(
He also still has jaundice and the HV wants it checked out because he over 3 weeks old now and shouldn't have it anymore.
Just before I was about to leave, I was looking at other peoples babies and watching them holding their heads up, playing on the floor mats, etc, and reality hit me that I won't see Damien do any of this till he is at least 3 months old. I won't see his first smile, the first time he holds his head up, the first time he does anything except be floppy and cry all the time, for months. There no chance of me getting anywhere near a rested night for months either as Damien won't even try to sleep through till babies of his corrected age will do (he'll be 12 weeks doing 6 week old things etc).

I shouldn't moan as it could be alot worse, I just need to get this off my chest.

Don't worry sami.... big hug for you!!!!!!!
Your little bunny will bring you as much love and joy as all the other little bunnies!!!!!! He has a special little place in your heart and when he gives you that first little smile - it'll be so memorable for you - something you won't be taking for granted, anyway!!!!
Enjoy him so long - I certainly don't want Oscar to get any bigger - I adore him so much as he is now!
Big hugs
Emilia xxx

Hi Sami,

Dont be too disheartened. Someone in my family had there little girl at 6 mths pregnant (3mths early) and she soon caught up with things and she is still doing really well so you never know Damien might just catch up!!!

Plus, look on the bright side......you get to look forward to all those things for longer!!!! and Im sure it will feel twice as great when it does happen!

Chin up x

hi Sami.

I can see why your feeling disheartened, but he'll soon catch up.
Try to remember that when he does start changing... he'll never stop, and he'll never be that vunerable little baby again.

They change so fast, I know you can't see that yet, but trust me... enjoy him while he's like this because when you look back on it it will seem like he was only a tiny baby for 2 minutes!

dior was 5weeks early i was told to expect her to be behind but she is acually very forward startin to walk allready and is only 10months was crawling by 5months sitting at 6months and first tooth at 8weeks!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Think I am just having one of them days. Mark went back to work yesterday too so I am feeling a bit lonely with no-one to talk to.
I am trying not to wish him bigger, I want to enjoy every momemnt - I'm just shattered! :)

hannah was 4 weeks early and is meetimg all her milestones on target so i would'nt worry to much

Blimey, i can see why you are feeling disheartened and things will be a little bit slow at the beginning for your little man but I am sure he will catch up when things get going.

Just think this time next year he will probably be walking and up to all sorts of tricks :) that's probably not much help me saying that but I swear it will get better.

xx

The medicine which Callum had to help his reflux ('cisapride' sp? and later a milk thickener called 'nice n easy' - not a hair dye!!!) sorted out most of his feeding problems in one fell swoop - hopefully you'll have the same.

We were on 2 hours night and day to try and keep enough milk down him. The cisapride more or less stopped the reflux so we could move to 3 hours, but it also helped with his jaundice (the milk going through him flushed the system) helped with his weight gain (although he still ended up on a predigested milk due to protein intolerence - pregestamil) and helped bringing up his wind (we could get away with winding twice during a feed instead of every half ounce). Because he wasn't so tired from being woken up and spending so long feeding, we also found his character changed and he was far more alert

Alex is going for a barium meal to check if his sickiness is reflux or stenosis. Even with a strong family history of reflux / intolerences, we've had to go to Callums paediatrician to get help for Alex - HV and midwife don't have a clue - so keep pushing them.

Best of luck,
Tracy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back