Dont think I can give birth again..!

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I'm so nervous about giving birth again.... I am having nightmares about it etc, and try to think positive.. It might be different this time, but I found it traumatic when I gave birth to my daughter, I was induced and there was complications and the birth only took me 3 hours but I had absolutely no break between the contractions and it was soo intense... I promised myself to neeever give birth again and I dont know if Im ready yet!!! I didnt get ny drugs or painkillers etc...As Im not allowed to have epidural... I havent spoke to midwife about it.. I have seen her two times and its hard to talk to her I think, she is always in hurry etc.... Really really nervous... What can I do about this ?? Anyone else feel same way ?

Hey hun

Didn't want to read and run- I've never given birth!

So I can really comment. I'm not scared yet. Have you thought about hypno birthing!??

You can do the classes or buy the book and cd?

Apparently it's supposed to be really helpful xx

why didnt they offer you gas and air or pethadine??

Im from Norway I gave birth there.. They dont offer gas etc at every hospital.... I ws offered acupuncture but it didnt help very much lol ...

I dont mean to scare anyone in here... Sorry if I did.. It was just very quick and they say if you are induced its a bit more intense... It was complications aswell and it was a bit chaotic, I wasnt very prepared for birth last time , didnt knew the different stages of birth etc etc.. Hopefully will be more planned this time and it will have a better impact...

See I'm totally opposite to you, I'm quite looking forward to it, I didn't have any pain relief either with my 1st, I didn't realise I was in labour, and by the time I got to hospital I was already 10cm dilated.. We have had very different experiences of labour/delivery so I don't no how ur feeling but I think that if you panic it will always make things worse (easier said than done, I know).. X

I have just done a post like this in tri 3... i haven't give birth before but understand your worries big :hugs: xxx

I'm so nervous about giving birth again.... I am having nightmares about it etc, and try to think positive.. It might be different this time, but I found it traumatic when I gave birth to my daughter, I was induced and there was complications and the birth only took me 3 hours but I had absolutely no break between the contractions and it was soo intense... I promised myself to neeever give birth again and I dont know if Im ready yet!!! I didnt get ny drugs or painkillers etc...As Im not allowed to have epidural... I havent spoke to midwife about it.. I have seen her two times and its hard to talk to her I think, she is always in hurry etc.... Really really nervous... What can I do about this ?? Anyone else feel same way ?

im nervous too, with my daughter i was in active labout for 16 hrs and was pushing for 4 and a half, i had a drug to make my contrctions stronger and closer together so i didnt get a break inbetween either, only had gas n air and peth until they realised she was stuck and i had a spinal block so they could use ventouse and forceps. then i had to stay in for 5 days as i was vey aneamic and had 2 blood transfusions.

spoke to my midwife and she said the second is alot quicker plus they will hae ur notes from last time xx

thank u girls xx I think I will try to be much more prepared this time, Im in UK now and not Norway I am not sure how things work here at hospitl etc might be different from Norway...xx

I haven't given birth before but I have heard from a lot of people every pregnancy is different, maybe try hypno-birthing or a water birth? something more relaxing, I have also heard some women actually have orgasms when giving birth, haha... u cud do that!!?? x

you will be offered gas and air here as your 1st type of pain relief after your in established labour(contracting and 3 cm) if you feel you need more you can also have pethadine or diamorphine depending on which your hospital uses both do similar things at your next midwife appointment talk it over with the midwife and im sure she will set your mind at ease

Am not pregnant at the moment but whenever I am again I know I'll feel the same. I think if you have given birth with no pain relief you come out of it one of 3 ways, either a) You planned it that way and were psyched up for it or, b) You didn't plan it but managed better than you thought and so are hugely proud of yourself or c) You never planned to and wish you hadn't and the whole thing felt very surreal and scary and you vow never to let that happen if ever pregnant again.

I personally am in the c) category and despite asking was given no pain relief as they didn't believe I was in established labour until I threw up and was checked and told I had to start pushing. The thought of that happening again terrifies me but DH is under strict instructions to ensure that it doesn't by making sure the midwives understand that I want the pain relief.

It's scary because you were not under the influence of any drugs so clearly remember what happened but remember we are still standing and have our beautiful babies at the end of it all.

I am exactly the same as you, i'm terrified of giving birth again and have had very bad nightmares about it, I too promised myself I wouldn't do it again.

I was induced by them breaking my waters and it was full on straight into the hard part of labour, had strong contractions every 6 minutes for nearly 11 hours. I had an epidural, diamorphine and gas and air, had to get epidural as they had to prep me for a section, but they didn't need to go ahead as baby was coming. and I was still in absolute agony (I suppose everyone is while giving birth) but I didn't have as much of a gap between contractions as alot of people.

It was a terrifying experience lost alot of blood and had bad tears, not sure why I expected anything else. But worth it at the end.

poor you x xbut try not to worry second births are supposed to be easier and faster, i was in labour 12 hours with my first had epidural which stopped my contractions had to have drip to get them going again then i had to be cut, was very tired and could see double after my son was born, with my daughter i went into hospital at 7.30 and id had her by 8.30 and felt great! dont dwell on your first experience there all different but do talk to your midwife about your birthing plan and exactly what you want. put your mind at rest x x x

poor you x xbut try not to worry second births are supposed to be easier and faster, i was in labour 12 hours with my first had epidural which stopped my contractions had to have drip to get them going again then i had to be cut, was very tired and could see double after my son was born, with my daughter i went into hospital at 7.30 and id had her by 8.30 and felt great! dont dwell on your first experience there all different but do talk to your midwife about your birthing plan and exactly what you want. put your mind at rest x x x

ok for my second child birthing experience i want your second experience lol

I'm really nervous too as even though I have a 14yr old son, I've never actually been in labour or given birth really as I had to have a c-section at 37.5 weeks. I went in for a check up on a Friday and was booked in for a section for the following Monday because he was breech, and there wasn't much fluid for him to move around in.

Ideally I would like a water birth but I'm cacking it as I really don't know what to expect when I go into labour or what the whole experience is going to be like.

From hearing other people's experiences it would seem that the majority of the time, no two births are alike. I can't begin to imagine how your previous experience was, or how scared/nervous you are this time around and I do feel for you.

If you feel that you can't get the time to speak with your midwife at your appointments, could you maybe make an appointment with your doctor and let them know how you're feeling and maybe they could forward a letter to your midwife explaining the circumstances and that you require extra support? x

Last edited:
I have never given birth like some of the ladies have also said.

But surely you can discuss this all with your midwife hun, it's what she's there for, when I was pregnant (but sadly miscarried) the second time we met we discussed how and where I wanted to give birth, drugs etc... so don't understand how you two have yet to discuss your worries.

x

There is only so much you can do before hand, with regards to talking to the mw. I defo wont see my mw untill delivery day, dont know about other people. At a general mw check up all they can do is put it on your notes. Never knew extra help was available. I suppose its us ladies that go through it all, rather than the mw. They can only advise. Even if you do have a birthing plan, saying what drugs you want ect, it is only a general guideline and alot of the time it goes out the window (unless you have a very straight-forward birth)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back