Don't know what to think

ISH

Reaction score
I've been waiting to feel some sort of baby movements, and I think yesterday I felt something low in tummy, but I am either too stupid to positively identify it as baby or paying too much attention to, um, other types of tummy movement.

Very confused!! Wish I knew for a fact what it felt like...

I'm still waiting too!! Cant wait to feel movement!! I think I'd probs wet myself due to excitement lol x

---
-

Didn't want to read and run but just say that I have found it very hard to identify which movements are baby as well - I had an appointment with the midwife yesterday and mentioned that I thought I had definite movements on Saturday as they were very different from anything else I have felt and she said she thought it was still a bit early but maybe possible. On Saturday the movements felt like someone was poking me from the inside - not at all like trapped wind or indigestion - I am just hoping I get some more but so far baby has not poked me again - hope you start getting some definite movements soon x

Will be on the lookout today!

Last edited:
if it is your first it is quite unlikely you will feel anything for a few more weeks some ppl dont feel them till about 22 weeks

for a while they feel like bubbles poppinig in your belly a bit like when u have a fizzy drink and it goes up your nose and bubbles

but when you do start feeling these dont expect to feel them every day you may find you feel it once or twice every couple of days or so

this is due to the fact they are that small you will only feel the very strongest of kicks and these will still feel very tiny.

by about 22+ weeks they will get stronger and stronger and there will be no mistake and they will be more frequent, then from bout 26-28 weeks is when you can then moniitor them for any changes

hope this helps

Very much so, thank you, Roxane! I thought I was being an insensitive cow, that the baby was kicking away and I was minding my own business thinking it was gas :p

i started feeling baby when i was nearly 19 weeks!

felt like spasams or twitches to begin with but then i started getting rolling movments and there was no denying it was baby :)

it will happen hun, and when it does you'll know! x x x

Very much so, thank you, Roxane! I thought I was being an insensitive cow, that the baby was kicking away and I was minding my own business thinking it was gas :p

althoug its ikely to be gas you could quite well be feeling movement, with my first because im so tiny i felt her at 16 wks, but with my second not till 18 wks

It hit me when I was up late (11.30pm late lol) at my mums house where i'd been babysitting. I got into bed feeling really tired and was lying on my back and just started feeling taps and the rest is history :)

It hit me when I was up late (11.30pm late lol) at my mums house where i'd been babysitting. I got into bed feeling really tired and was lying on my back and just started feeling taps and the rest is history :)
Awwwww!!!! :cry:That sounds lovely!

you know when you get like a funny twitch in a muscle? It feels a bit like that, like an involuntary muscle movement... which i suppose it is really lol!

it also feels like butterflies, like flutters. I feel mine now because i am familiar from having Jasper, but with him i didnt feel movements until around week 24!!!

Yeah ul start to get more n be able to know they r little kicks don't worry x

I haven't felt anything definate yet either ISH..........I'd just figured as my belly was quite large before being PG that it's well insulated!!!

I first felt it at 17wks. Felt like tiny little fizzing going on inside me. But I wud only feel it once or twice a day. It gradually got stronger tjat it felt like someone lightly tickling my insides :)
Now its full on kicks and belly movements lol

I think I was about 17 weeks when I felt my first proper kick (or maybe closer to 18) but I had to be concentrating to feel it iykwim? If I was going about doing my usual stuff I wouldn't have felt it. You will know when it's baby, you'll know the proper kicks and you'll be sat there grinning like an idiot for ages, waiting (impatiently) for it to happen again :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back