• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dont know what to do anymore

Crimson92

Reaction score
If anyone has read any of my posts recently you know that I am TTC and that I am past my OV and dont have long to test, but I was talking to my parents tonight and they have told me 'there is no need for pregnancy' and 'you should know better anyway' and 'dont expect us to be around if you get pregnant' and other nasty stuff meaning basically they disown me, there is no real going back now, and now im sorting of hoping im not pregnant, and dont know what to do, can you please give me advice? x

I don't know you or your family, but I'd say that's pretty harsh of them to say that, and if that's what you want you go for it! I don't know how old you are either, would thst have a factor? If you are pregnant as you want a baby then go for it! They will come roun if they are going to be grand parents. I'm 20 and my parents were very shocked but my mum is being awesome! I can honestly say, I could do it without them if I had to. I guess it's up to you, and don't just not want it because they don't want it, it's your body and your decisions. Xxx

oh dear god poor you. I am 37 and I coped fine with barely any help from anyone (long story) apart from my OH so do you know what, you are more than capable of doing this without them if thats the case, its your life you only have one chance so live it. Id say to them thats fine you are entitled to your opinion but I would like you to be involved but if you dont thats also your choice but I will be doing this my way. Stand your ground, you dont need them.... unless you are living with them of course. Oh people can be so cruel xxx

You must feel so alone... It can't be nice for you :(

I am kind of wondering about where you are in your life and why you might want a child and why you are talking to your parents about it anyway?

It implies to me that you are still dependant on them, in which case i think maybe it isn't the right time to be having a baby.

You have just gone back to college too and that would probably have to be put on hold.

If you are pregnant, presuming you wouldn't want to abort it, you'll get by somehow although it would be very difficult. I'm sure your parents wouldn't disown you, they'll take up the role of grandparents but they might cut you loose financially and maybe even insist you find your own accommodation.

If you aren't pregnant, maybe take a good look at your motives before trying again. A baby isn't a solution to a lack of direction in life.

I apologise if i have completely got the wrong end of the stick - it isn't about age, i just think people need to be independant before they intentionally try to have a child dependant on them.

If you are 100% independant already, then stuff your parents - they'll come around :)

Last edited:
Heyy, thanks guys its been a great help, me and my OH really want this, and if we arent succesful this month then we are going to have a long talk, i wasnt talking about this to my parents, i was visiting them and we were talking about other girls who were pregnant and that lead to them saying what they did, but thanks, i really should just forget about them, i dont need them to live my own life cause my OH's parents are sooo supportive anyway ! just gotta wait and see not long till test day anyway !! xx

That is awfull! I don't know them but i would think they would be different once a little one comes along. This is your choice not your families so if this is what you want i say go for it! x

Kole good for you hun stay positive it doesnt have to end badly with your parents, some people just dont think about what they are saying and whatever your situation its your choice xxx

thanks :) I should really just do what i want, its just the situation, my family, or my yet to be family sort of thing, i just dont want them to disown me because i can make decisions of my own that they dont agree with ! xx

Ahh sounds harsh! maybe its too try and put you off in a way. my family doesnt no we are trying and if the baby subject comes up they say i would be stupid and that sort of thing but i no for a fact they would be totally different when it happens! so could be a similar situations? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back